Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jeans tailoring?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sway23, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Sway23

Sway23 Active Member

I have a few pairs of jeans that I need to get shortened. Is this a pretty standard (simple) procedure that all tailors can do, or is it important to find a good tailor to do this? Also, are there different methods for doing this? I just wanna make sure that after it's been shortened, the bottom part still looks the same as the original... do they usually re-attach the very bottom part, or do they just try to hem it to look like the original? Thanks for any info.

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

I made the mistake of having my tailor hem them without telling him to reattach the hem. They looked pretty bad until i roughed them up. Make sure to ask your tailor to reattach the hems. Its a procedure that most any tailor could do. Also, make sure to tell the tailor to keep them a bit longer (if thats what you want). I told mine to keep them on the long side so they look right, but he made them very short (as you would hem dress pants - so they are not baggy at all) so they look funny.