• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans + Shoes

matsusgarden

Reaction score
Are there any basic guidelines for coordinating this? I see some men, mostly in ads (college kids pretty much all wear sneaks), and am struck by how well they pair jeans with shoes instead of sneakers. And I've never owned a pair of shoes I thought looked well with my jeans.

Tips?

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtips!

I wouldn't wear black with jeans but dark browns and most browns work very well with dark washes of jeans. Double soles make a shoe more casual, and chukkas are splended with jeans.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
Wingtips! I wouldn't wear black with jeans but dark browns and most browns work very well with dark washes of jeans. Double soles make a shoe more casual, and chukkas are splended with jeans.
I agree. I think longwings in particular look great with jeans, but other dress/casual shoes such as monks, look good, too. Fade to Black has posted pictures of a great look with jeans and wingtips.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can brown captoe bluchers go with jeans?

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I agree. I think longwings in particular look great with jeans, but other dress/casual shoes such as monks, look good, too. Fade to Black has posted pictures of a great look with jeans and wingtips.

I don't know the general consensus, but I wear them together sometimes. Particularly a pair of lighter brown captoes that I have. To me, it also depends on the shirt you're wearing. I rarely do it with a t shirt, but if I'm wearing a button down or a sweater, I think it looks perfectly natural.

woolymammoth

Reaction score
I wear Lobb Chestnut Museum Towcester with jeans all the time...
towcester.jpg
Note: above not my picture, apologies to the owner. Maybe a little beyond the ordinary but I like these black shoes with jeans too...
lat-black.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
can brown captoe bluchers go with jeans?
Yes, it looks good, and I especially like the look of shades of brown with jeans.

Eccentric

Reaction score
I have a pair of plain toe cordovan bluchers in #8 that look particularly good with dark denim.

HHD

Reaction score
Agree - brown brogues with jeans look really good. I would avoid wearing shoes with wider bootcut jeans. I saw a guy wearing sturdy-looking shoes with a pair of skinny jeans the other day, his feet looked enormous. I'd give that look a wide berth.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would (and did) wear practically any of my dress shoes with jeans. The only one I can think of that I haven't is an extremely sleek black wholecut

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
Wingtips!

I wouldn't wear black with jeans but dark browns and most browns work very well with dark washes of jeans. Double soles make a shoe more casual, and chukkas are splended with jeans.

+1

Originally Posted by Eccentric
I have a pair of plain toe cordovan bluchers in #8 that look particularly good with dark denim.

and +1

laphroaig

Reaction score
I quite like the look of black shoes with Jeans, or really any colour shoes. But jeans are so common they have become almost neutral so it depends more on what shirt and jacket I choose. That determines what belt I wear and that then determines what shoes I wear. I don't see how you can place a hard and fast rule on jeans and shoes except for jeans and trainers or running shoes. The hi-tech + rustic mix just looks bad in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads