• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans sexier than jomons?

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright, so i was browsing through rakuten. Anywho, I found these:

757-7701-4.jpg

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/757-7701/

Judging from the translations... Flame dyed, 19 oz 24 dips natural indigo.

I wonder how this compares to jomon's 24 dips hand picked organic zimbabwe cotton super thick weave. Anyone know about these?

They're priced at 59,000 Yen. Jomons JP retail are 60,900.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Flame dye is controversial. Some people like it, some people hate it.
I think it adds variety.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still prefer Jomons. I like the smoother texture of the Jomons.
73550976.jpg

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flame dye is controversial.
How do "flame" dye jobs tend to fade over time? Are there any pics of well-worn flame denim?

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I for one don't really like the streakiness of those jeans. I love the smooth, tight weave and uniform colour of APC denim. Sounds pretty sexy, no?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sexier than the jomons? nandoxnando. the turn up selvedge is amazing.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
45rpm for me (also interested in the PS Red Ears). I'm done with my slub phase (have AI-001's) and I'm not much of a fan of the streaky dye. The slubby Eternals look pretty bad to me too.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
holy ****. I also like how umii's fade... wonder what natural indigo jeans i'll end up getting
Have you actually seen any decent pics of faded Umiis? I've seen the distressed ones, but never actually worn ones. Umiis are dyed to the core, so if you're considering them, you should probably make how they fade pretty low on the list of priorities.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how are your pbj ais doing?

I have jomons but am looking for a pair of natural indigo to rotate... PS red ears looked nice except for the detailing. Flame dying is probably something I wouldn't sport but by sexy I meant sexy, as a jean, on its own.

There are some kickass pieces of clothing that are awesome just sitting around in your house or something. They're not as cool when you actually wear them. That's what I meant about these jeans, although I'd probably wear them except that some cheap mall brands have copied the flame dye effect- cheapening the look.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just not a fan of slubby jeans.
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads