• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans in Sydney

sydneycentric

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good quality pair of bootcut jeans in Sydney. I have size 12 feet (pretty big) which means that skinny jeans or jeans that don't cover my shoes properly look pretty weird. So, I'm looking for jeans which have a slight flare at the bottom? Any suggestions?

confab

Reaction score
Imperial is an Aussie label that makes quality raw selvedge jeans, I imagine they have stockists in Sydney. The Imperial King is a relaxed fit with a slight bootcut.

laphroaig

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure they are straight leg and a loose cut, but they are high rise and around AU$260. The only store I know that stocks them is another inch in Darlinghurst. Last time I was there they also stocked Levis LVC 501s (loose but tapered legs), also in a similar price range.

Don't lock yourself into just looking for a boot-cut, a straight-leg in a looser cut will be fairly wide at the cuff, and I'm not talking about bagy jeans either.

A 12 isn't that large in any case, especially if you're above average height. I mean there are people walking around Sydney in those elongated chisel-toe loafers... willingly letting their feet look extra big.

greddy

Reaction score
Anotherinch store at Darlinghurst is closing down or already closed down.

aleeboy

Reaction score
True Religion makes good boot cut jeans. Depending on which cut and colour you get, they can look "decent". I think they can be found in Morrisey over in ** Westfield.

Mushroom77

Reaction score
I believe there may be a Nudies store in Sydney, but I could be wrong. General Pants also stock Nudies and some other good quality jeans, and you can get Levis, well, anywhere.

ispace

Reaction score
Yes there is a Nudie store at 35 William St, Paddington in Sydney. Also check out: Incu (256 Oxford St, Paddington & 500 George St, Sydney) for APC, Acne, Cheap Monday & Nudie. Assin (t2 Verona Street, Paddington) for Dior Homme. Our Spot (Shop 1 / 220 Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst) for APC. Aika Jeans (462 Oxford St, Paddington) for Aika & other lesser known Japanese denim. That Store (128 Oxford St, Paddington) for LVC, Nudie, PRPS, Atelier LaDurance, Cheap Monday, Aika, etc. Deus Ex Machina (72 Oxford St, Darlinghurst & 98 Parramatta Rd, Camperdown) also do a A$110 relaxed fit selvedge jean. B.

scrambledeggs

Reaction score
I just picked up a great pair of jeans from a store in Melbourne, I think they are selling in Sydney, the label is Kromosome, you can find them here: www.kromosome.com.au but mine are a straight leg, maybe you can check if they do boot leg. good luck!

ispace

Reaction score
After the closure of two of the better menswear stores in Sydney (Our Spot and Aika....RIP) I thought I had better update my list, which I have done below. Please let me know if I have missed any:

Incu (256 Oxford St, Paddington & 500 George St, Sydney) for APC, Acne, Helmut Lang, Cheap Monday, Nudie & a few others. The Paddington store sells TopMan clothing upstairs.
Assin (t2 Verona Street, Paddington) for a slim selection of Dior Homme.
That Store (128 Oxford St, Paddington) for Acne, Nudie, PRPS, Atelier LaDurance, Cheap Monday, etc.
Deus Ex Machina (72 Oxford St, Darlinghurst & 98 Parramatta Rd, Camperdown) also do a relaxed fit selvedge jean.
Acne (28 Glenmore Road, Paddington) for Acne.
Nudie store (35 William St, Paddington) for Nudie.

B.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What Ispace said, plus..
Acne Store
That store (Paddo, Chatswood Chase, Bondi junc)

Just PLEASE ignore Aleeboy, True Religion are horrible jeans!

And yes, there is a Nudie store in Paddo. But you're better off finding your true size then copping what you want off the net somewhere

EDIT: Ispace mentioned the above, I just saw the hyper linked suggestions.

lithium180

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend any places in the city to take a nice pair of jeans to be altered?

Thanks, I've just moved to Paddington from the US.
smile.gif

Best,
Matt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads