• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans in sf

d.h.

Reaction score
I'm going on a jeans-shopping "road trip" soon. The mission: find a cool pair of jeans I've never had before.

Up to now, I've mostly had Hillfigers and Levis, but I want to try Sevens, PDCs, Energies, etc.

Is there a place in/near San Francisco/Bay Area that's sort of like a jeans "wharehouse," where I can try on many different (designer) brands without having to go hunting in so many stores?

If no, at least tell me where the best places are to find particular brands. In addition to jeans mentioned above, I'd like to check out stuff like Earl, and Helmut Lang (I already know about the Diesel store).

Thanks

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Levis will do a MTM for you at their Union Square store. I think they run like $80 for regular Levis, and I'm guessing like $150 for the premium Levis. If I rember correctly, you choose a half dozen or so details and then they mail you the jeans.

GBGB

Reaction score
Sad to say that I think the Levi made to measure service has been discontinued for the time being. They sent a letter indicating that it might be reinstated at some future point in time.

d.h.

Reaction score
Sad to say that I think the Levi made to measure service has been discontinued for the time being. They sent a letter indicating that it might be reinstated at some future point in time.
I knew it was too good to be true. Was gonna go there tomorrow. Oh well....

Last time I was at Levi they had 501s in "First Year" wash, which I would have snapped up were they not sold out in "normal" sizes. The Premiums looked OK as well, but I'd rather pay just a little more and get something "better."

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Check out the downtown Nordstrom- they have a number of varieties. There used to be a place called 5 Pocket in the Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, but I think they closed with all the other L'Uomo stores. Except the one on Fillmore, which they're running the clearance through. Too bad- good stores.
I think there's another place in the Haight, and American Rag is on Van Ness near Stockton. You could also try MAC- Modern Appealing Clothing in Hayes Valley.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, is there anybody offering MTM jeans, anywhere? Sounds like a cool idea...

kalra2411

Reaction score
Gieves and Hawks do MTM jeans.

Dior Homme are the best though, bar none.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been in SF for about two years now, so my Levis info was obviously obsolete. I remember I friend getting a MTM pair that she really loved there about four years ago. I'm not sure why they'd discontinue it -- it should have been really popular had they advertised it well, especially now that Levis is a pretty hip brand again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads