Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jeans in Japan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sblande, Jun 14, 2005.

1. sblande

sblande Member

Hey all. I have a friend that is spending the summer in both Tokyo and Kanagawa. I asked him if he would send me a few pair of jeans. I have a few questions. I usually wear a 34x34 in Earnest Sewn Hutch jeans, and was wondering what size would be best for a pair of Uniqlo jeans, selvedge as well as pre-washed? Also, what other denim do you recommend that I could get abroad? Keep in mind that I cannot try on the jeans or view the washes. Any and all comments and suggestions would be most welcome.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I don't know how the Earnest Sewns fit but Uniqlos run true to size. I wear a 32 in just about everything I've tried (admittedly, not much) besides APC (a 31 fits) and I have all 32s from Uniqlo. The selvages are preshrunk and/or sanforized - they will not shrink much. Check the Japan thread for details on how much the pair I got shrunk. About 1cm in width and 2cm in length.