• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans: how short is too short?

herzzreh

Reaction score
As the subject states... How short is too short when it comes to jeans?

inviscid

Reaction score
if you gotta ask, they're too short.
unless you're pulling off some steezy short on purpose thing.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inviscid
if you gotta ask, they're too short.
unless you're pulling off some steezy short on purpose thing.

Actually, mine are fine. I just wanted to see what the general opinion was. One guy's short could be another one's long.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
yikes.jpg
That's too short.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
My acne mics are bordering on too short at exactly no break. I think I may relegate them to the status of boot-only dress jeans until/unless they strech out at the waist and fit a bit lower. Luckily I like the actual jean so much, I'll probably just buy another pair and hem them an inch or so longer.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
For me, I wear straight/bootcut/relaxed jeans at my true inseem (jeans are right above the ground when worn without shoes). For tapered or narrow straight legs I stack to however much the jeans come in.

Queue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theshonen8899
For me, I wear straight/bootcut/relaxed jeans at my true inseem (jeans are right above the ground when worn without shoes). For tapered or narrow straight legs I stack to however much the jeans come in.

This is how I wear all my jeans. My rule of thumb is to break just at the heel of my foot when not wearing shoes. I don't want to step on them when I am lounging around the house, or anyone elses for that matter. Though when I sit, they do tend to expose my socks/ankle. IMO this look is acceptable, but not necessarily for everyone - it feels a bit more "proper" if you will.

jizzy p

Reaction score
I think for any cut, the jeans should fall nicely on the shoes while standing, with a little bit of stacking probably. When sitting your sock shouldn't show. I used to be in an enrichment program and no one knew how to dress so everyone wore pants that were too short.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jizzy p
... I used to be in an enrichment program and no one knew how to dress so everyone wore pants that were too short.
Care to elaborate?

nox

Reaction score
I thought just touching the rubber heel of the shoe was standard?

Lots of break shortens the legs (and you) a bit. If you're short, it can help to have very little break. But they _should_ break.

Not sure about stacking.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
it seems to me it should rest on the shoes but not touch the floor. am i very far wrong?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads