1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jeans for triangle (or oval) body shape

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ontiatryder, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ontiatryder

ontiatryder New Member

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and am hoping you can help me out.

I'm quite short (5'10") and have a narrow chest (40"), waist 34", a bit of a pot belly, no bum and skinny legs. I find the jeans that I buy tend to sag on the bottom if I pull them up and tighten my belt, my stomach bulges over the top and the material at the front of the jeans bunches up, (it's also quite uncomfortable).

I've been looking around to find which jeans style would be best fit for my body shape, but aren't really sure what shape I would be considered, triangle or oval. Neither are really the exact shape of me.

Could anybody point me in the right direction of what shape jeans I should be looking for?

It would also be good to know what the best form of exercise is for targeting belly reduction and building up the butt (I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but may as well ask).

Thanks in advance.

2. johng70

johng70 Senior member

As to targeted fat burning - there is no approach. Short of surgery, there is no way to reduce fat from a given part of your body. Your body decides for itself which fat stores it will burn first. Having said that, doing abdominal exercises can actually make your problem worse - as you strengthen the abdominal muscles (which are behind the fat) they will push out the fat even more.