• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans for those with a 'prominent seat'

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As my tailor put it, I have a 'prominent seat'. I'm in good shape...not fat at all...just a bit bigger/muscular in the trunk. I also really like jeans to be very tough and durable. Which brand/style should I look for? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Chris

ps I ran a search and read about the Rag and Bone RB1 but couldn't find a pair anywhere..

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Nudies are good - slim fit = Ola or Regular Ralf, baggier = Baggy Bjorn..

I also like Paper Denims, but mine are from a few years back. I also have a large ass and I usually size up 1 and wear 'em lowride.

beefcake

Reaction score
Eternal 811s, Sugar Cane '47s? Tough and durable, should fit you good and fades beautifuly.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions so far. I appreciate it!

crash

Reaction score
You might want to try the APC Rescues, or Straitght jean. This cut is relaxed in the seat and thigh. Check out the APC thread for fit info; they normally run larger than tagged size.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beefcake
Eternal 811s, Sugar Cane '47s? Tough and durable, should fit you good and fades beautifuly.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I found the Sugar Cane 47's at the History Preservation Associates site...talk about hardcore! That whole website is cool. The jeans are exactly what I'm looking for too. I'm gonna place an order...thanks again!

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
As my tailor put it, I have a 'prominent seat'. I'm in good shape...not fat at all...just a bit bigger/muscular in the trunk. I also really like jeans to be very tough and durable. Which brand/style should I look for? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Chris

ps I ran a search and read about the Rag and Bone RB1 but couldn't find a pair anywhere..

thats why i recomended for "jeans measurement index" including a seat/hip measure. this would be measured the same way the waist is done but at the level of the heavyest part of the seat. this would help flat seats also.
opinions anyone?

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
thats why i recomended for "jeans measurement index" including a seat/hip measure. this would be measured the same way the waist is done but at the level of the heavyest part of the seat. this would help flat seats also.
opinions anyone?

I couldn't agree more. I ordered a Borrelli suit the other day and the jacket fit great. The pants were measured with a 34" waist, but even with my 33.5" waist I could hardly button them up. The seat was WAY to small for me. If there was a seat measurement I could've avoided all of the exchanging/return authorization/shipping that I had to deal with.

jpgm

Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"We have all heard the reports of people using it to greet their in-laws, or after starting their lawn mowers with a single pull," Butler said. "But recently it was brought to our attention that someone used the gesture in a Texas convenience store after snagging the last box of carrot cakes. This simply won't do."

Goblin

Reaction score
I just noticed that the "metal" smiley is throwing the metal sign incorrectly. The thumb is supposed to touch the middle and ring fingers. The resulting sign is supposed to look like the head of a goat - the index and pinky fingers are the horns, and the thumb is the tongue.

I believe the smiley is actually doing the "Spider-Man" sign.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe the technical term for this condition is badonkadonk, one of my favorite examples of onomatopoeia.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I believe the technical term for this condition is badonkadonk, one of my favorite examples of onomatopoeia.
Absolutely
laugh.gif
I ended up going with the Nudie Ola model (I found some locally). I've only had them for two days so far...so they are still stretching. I REALLY like the solid construction. The salesman suggested I get them a little tight as they would/could stretch up to two inches in the waist. They're already taking to the shape of my body/badonkadonk so I'm definitely pleased. Thanks for everyone's help!

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats.
smile.gif
I too, have been plagued (or blessed, depending on who you ask) with the badonkadonk issue, and Nudies have been pretty good to me. Next on the list, I believe, are some Cane Edo Ais (the top line model).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads