• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jeans for thicker quads/calves?

obeserabbit

Reaction score
i know some people recommend nudie straight svens, but i'm concerned with the fit around the calf area.

also, for anyone who owns them, wat size are your thighs and how tight would you say the fit is?

open to other suggestions too.. thx

apocalypse later

Reaction score
This type of denim fit you speak of is currently in the works, but like you described a figure with large quads is extremely difficult to fit. It will probably be 20-30 years until a cut like this comes out, and it might not even look good on you.

Don't hold your breath.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there are a million brands prices and types that will fit you.

A. 2010 KMW
B. PRPS impala cut
C. Jean Shop Classic
D. Spurr Classic
E. LEVIS 1947
F. Super Rifle Cabin fit
G. Chip and Pepper "Big Pickle"

start there and ps ,yes I carry them all

bdr3

Reaction score
My thighs are not huge but they are big enough that they often become the mitigating factor in choosing a size or cut. I have a pair of Nudie SSDS (size 32 and for sale if you want them- PM me). They are a nice utilitarian slim-without-looking-like-a-fashion-victim cut on me. The popular advice is to size down at least one from your normal jean size in Nudie. I could have sized down in the waist but not the thighs, which is often the case.

I find that 5EP, specifically the low down boot model, to fit me the best. Size down one for a slim, slouchy look. BTW, my thighs measure ~24" at the widest. YMMV.

kit99bar

Reaction score
Ande Whall cougars should fit. He has exact measurements on this website so you can compare to jeans you currently own that fit correctly.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
how big are your calves? i have big calves and I can wear most slim jeans.

hangten

Reaction score
I have huge calves as well and I stick with more relaxed jeans. Here's my current list that i have in my closet that fit my big calves as well as thighs:

Samurai 510
Samurai 0500 - these taper though
LVC 1947
SDA 101
PBJ 009
Sugarcane 1947, Okinanwa, Hawaii, and slack relaxed.
IH 6934

I stick to size 33/34 on all of these but I don't go with the strech out rule. I usually buy size to fit and wash probably more often than most. I have big legs and butt due to a lot plyometric training for martial arts as well as genetics. I do buy skinny models as well as I don't mind the close to skin tight fit these make.

SykoFreak

Reaction score
I have a 31" waist with 23.5" thighs. My 31x32 Ande Whall Cougars are a somewhat tight fit in the mid-thigh region. I would probably prefer an extra .4" (laid flat measure) material in the mid thighs.
http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/size-charts

The calves are fine. I think mine are 15"? If you get jeans that fit in the thigh, then they should fit in the calves unless you're competing for Mr. Olympia.

kit99bar

Reaction score
I'm not sure where waist is measured but my navel measures 29 with 23 thighs (hips measure 33). I got the 33x32 grifters and they fit pretty well due to sagging them down to my hip area. The thighs measure about 12inches.

Originally Posted by SykoFreak
I have a 31" waist with 23.5" thighs. My 31x32 Ande Whall Cougars are a somewhat tight fit in the mid-thigh region. I would probably prefer an extra .4" (laid flat measure) material in the mid thighs.
http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/size-charts

The calves are fine. I think mine are 15"? If you get jeans that fit in the thigh, then they should fit in the calves unless you're competing for Mr. Olympia.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
thx for all the suggestions, i will definitely check them out
smile.gif
at 5'4, 155ish..my quads are around 24" and calves are above 17"

SykoFreak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kit99bar
I'm not sure where waist is measured but my navel measures 29 with 23 thighs (hips measure 33). I got the 33x32 grifters and they fit pretty well due to sagging them down to my hip area. The thighs measure about 12inches.

I should also clarify that the fit/tightness that I have now is probably close to what most of SF prefers. I am pretty happy with the fit. My wanting it a bit looser in the thighs may just be case of "the grass is greener on the other side."

Originally Posted by obeserabbit
thx for all the suggestions, i will definitely check them out
smile.gif

at 5'4, 155ish..my quads are around 24" and calves are above 17"

Those are pretty big calves in which case the Ande Whall Cougars probably won't work (8.25" at the knee for 31" waist). I would pick up some Levis 501 STF. Similar to the cougars in seat and thigh room, a good deal more lower leg room. Size up 1 in waist and 2 in inseam for proper post-soak fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads