• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans for tall, fit guys?

JustMe

Reaction score
I'm looking for jeans that fit my boyfriend. He's 6' 5", tall and fit. I've searched many "big-tall stores" online and many, many brick-and-mortar stores in the Chicago area but they are mostly for big guys, not tall, fit guys. He needs an extra high rise, "straight" or "skinny" fit style, no "relaxed fit", no "comfort fit", no "casual fit" and no adjustable elastic in the waistband. Some of his vitals are waist: 34.5"; Seat: 40"; thights: 24"; front rise: 12.5"; back rise: 18"; knee: 16"; total jean length: 48"; inseam: 36"

He used to buy J.C. Penney's Plain Pocket brand but they stopped making them. I looked at makeyourownjeans.xcom but the customer reviews on epinions.com and other sites are overwhelmingly negative. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

jonnyt

Reaction score
Hit the self edge icon on the right of the screen. Many of the best denim brands (iron heart, flat head, roy, sugar cane etc) have 36" inseams that most people either turn up (cuff) or have hemmed. Your guy could just leave them at their original length.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tall and fit? Dior Homme 19cm cut for skinny or 21cm for slim.

Just a quick heads up, when you search this forum we usually chat about jeans $200+. This might be a jump from JCP so would he be cool with that?

Gagno905

Reaction score
He'll have many options, but they'll all be $200+. The good news is they'll last a very long time.

JustMe

Reaction score
I never thought I'd have to pay anywhere near $200+ but at this point I'll pay just about anything.

Also, I checked many different Levis and the rise just isn't high enough.

Curious_George

Reaction score
It's pretty hard to find skinny fits with high rises (I know, I've looked). Imperial's Shearer model comes to mind, but it's probably too tapered for what he wants. Next best thing for a straight fit might be Levi's Vintage Clothing 1947 501. The 36x38 will probably shrink down around 34x35 (but I believe the rise will only be about 12").

Last edited:

autumndreams

Reaction score
Maybe a Naked & Famous Weird Guy High from Tate and Yoko?

http://www.tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/148-naked-famous-weird-guy-high-indigo-selvedge-raw-denim.html
http://www.tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/146-naked-famous-weird-guy-high-nep-selvedge-raw-denim.html

Speaking as a tall, fit guy (although I'm 6'2"), I find the weird guy is a great cut for tall, athletic guys. They're cut with a bit more room in the thighs, while remaining slim all the way down. If he's after a high rise, the weird guy high might be right up his alley. They come with a 37 inch inseam as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads