Jeans for tall, fit guys?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JustMe, Feb 20, 2012.

1. JustMe

JustMe New Member

I'm looking for jeans that fit my boyfriend. He's 6' 5", tall and fit. I've searched many "big-tall stores" online and many, many brick-and-mortar stores in the Chicago area but they are mostly for big guys, not tall, fit guys. He needs an extra high rise, "straight" or "skinny" fit style, no "relaxed fit", no "comfort fit", no "casual fit" and no adjustable elastic in the waistband. Some of his vitals are waist: 34.5"; Seat: 40"; thights: 24"; front rise: 12.5"; back rise: 18"; knee: 16"; total jean length: 48"; inseam: 36"

He used to buy J.C. Penney's Plain Pocket brand but they stopped making them. I looked at makeyourownjeans.xcom but the customer reviews on epinions.com and other sites are overwhelmingly negative. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

Hit the self edge icon on the right of the screen. Many of the best denim brands (iron heart, flat head, roy, sugar cane etc) have 36" inseams that most people either turn up (cuff) or have hemmed. Your guy could just leave them at their original length.

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Tall and fit? Dior Homme 19cm cut for skinny or 21cm for slim.

Just a quick heads up, when you search this forum we usually chat about jeans $200+. This might be a jump from JCP so would he be cool with that?

4. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

He'll have many options, but they'll all be $200+. The good news is they'll last a very long time.

5. sns23

sns23 Senior member

6. JustMe

JustMe New Member

I never thought I'd have to pay anywhere near $200+ but at this point I'll pay just about anything.

Also, I checked many different Levis and the rise just isn't high enough.

7. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

It's pretty hard to find skinny fits with high rises (I know, I've looked). Imperial's Shearer model comes to mind, but it's probably too tapered for what he wants. Next best thing for a straight fit might be Levi's Vintage Clothing 1947 501. The 36x38 will probably shrink down around 34x35 (but I believe the rise will only be about 12").

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  8. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

Maybe a Naked & Famous Weird Guy High from Tate and Yoko?

http://www.tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/148-naked-famous-weird-guy-high-indigo-selvedge-raw-denim.html
    http://www.tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/146-naked-famous-weird-guy-high-nep-selvedge-raw-denim.html

Speaking as a tall, fit guy (although I'm 6'2"), I find the weird guy is a great cut for tall, athletic guys. They're cut with a bit more room in the thighs, while remaining slim all the way down. If he's after a high rise, the weird guy high might be right up his alley. They come with a 37 inch inseam as well.

9. kmcde

kmcde New Member