• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans Authenticity

kiel

Reaction score
Please help to make a comprehensive list of identification of authenticity of denim jeans. How would i know if the jeans is genuine product of the a certain brand?

Thanks, hope to read lots of comments from you guys.

buttonman

Reaction score
if you order or buy from brick and mortar stores, then they will be authentic

if you're talking about like ebay, then i don't have much experience

gqcao

Reaction score
honestforum.com

kiel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by buttonman
if you order or buy from brick and mortar stores, then they will be authentic

if you're talking about like ebay, then i don't have much experience

I think you are right! Esp, if i bought diesel jeans from diesel boutique then it will be authentic.

But what if i saw Edwin jeans in a store (not famous) in MBK mall in Bangkok, Thailand. Or in a second hand Evisu jeans in a shop in MBK. How would i know it is true??? Is there a way i can tell myself? I think there is, if people here can say they are authentic jeans of a certain brand in a PICTURE, i think they can also tell us how they can tell? I wander where are these people!?

plain.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiel
I think you are right! Esp, if i bought diesel jeans from diesel boutique then it will be authentic.

But what if i saw Edwin jeans in a store (not famous) in MBK mall in Bangkok, Thailand. Or in a second hand Evisu jeans in a shop in MBK. How would i know it is true??? Is there a way i can tell myself? I think there is, if people here can say they are authentic jeans of a certain brand in a PICTURE, i think they can also tell us how they can tell? I wander where are these people!?

plain.gif

i think this is a great project for you. go buy a lot of stuff, take pictures of it, and determine whether they're authentic. and then report back to us.

kiel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
i think this is a great project for you. go buy a lot of stuff, take pictures of it, and determine whether they're authentic. and then report back to us.

Thanks.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I will attempt to translate:

I think the problem you're having here is that the question of whether a pair of Evisus or Diesels is authentic isn't really at the top of anyone's priorities list here. When they start counterfeiting 5EP and KMW, that will be a horse of a different colour.

For the hell of it: fake diesels on ebay (and elsewhere I imagine) are easily spotted by that prevalent black and red tag on the outside. If they have a long rectangular beige tag with DIESEL on it in white, and the tags with the size and "made in italy" inside are beige, they are more likely to be real. I would say that fake R&Rs and TRs are by far the most prevalent right now, and by and large the value of an authentic pair of either is not so significant as to warrant worrying about it. I wear my religions as work jeans.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiel
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif
thanks...

why are you whining??? you come into the forum expecting everyone else to immediately jump on to the tremendous task of buying and photographing fakes compared to authentics, and not even for brands that are in this forum's niche at that.

if you want help with mainstream brand authentication, i suggest niketalk or honestforum. otherwise, it's like asking for style cues from a computer programming forum - not gonna turn out well.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
keil, people already told you that honestforum.com already does this for you, what more do you want? It is a pretty tall order to make your very first post here a request to ask the entire forum to make you a list of "how to spot a fake" for jeans that aren't popular here in the first place.

I think I'm going to head over to the "Chevrolet Enthusiasts" forum and ask them for advice on buying a Mustang.

dsholmes1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
keil, people already told you that honestforum.com already does this for you, what more do you want? It is a pretty tall order to make your very first post here a request to ask the entire forum to make you a list of "how to spot a fake" for jeans that aren't popular here in the first place.

I think I'm going to head over to the "Chevrolet Enthusiasts" forum and ask them for advice on buying a Mustang.

It's a wrap....CLOSE THREAD!

kiel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
why are you whining??? you come into the forum expecting everyone else to immediately jump on to the tremendous task of buying and photographing fakes compared to authentics, and not even for brands that are in this forum's niche at that.

if you want help with mainstream brand authentication, i suggest niketalk or honestforum. otherwise, it's like asking for style cues from a computer programming forum - not gonna turn out well.

ahhhm, please excuse me, though somebody closed this thread. i would like to explain my side on this.

1. I am not whining. i wander where is the clue of whining here. as far as i know, i chose "PLAIN" face. SO three plain face would mean to me patiently waiting ... And i also posted it just to put up my thread up to today's list. Not to whin...Up up up so people can see my thread.

2. i don't expect people to immediately jump into. (NoVaGuy,) and who said of buying and photographing??? i also dont have any idea which brand is for this niche. can you please tell me where i can get to know that. just a member few days ago.

3. i did not post for any brand requirements! in my second post i just said DIESEL, EDWIN, EVISU for the purpose of just example. if you can still read my (very) first post
"Please help to make a comprehensive list of identification of authenticity of denim jeans. How would i know if the jeans is genuine product of the a certain brand?"

You can just help me with what brand is this niche for. (thats what i have in my mind, BrettChaotix) But you are not oblige

4. Thanks to GQCAO. i learned from Honestforum. I don't know if im the only can notice this, how could someone tell himself alone that the item (jeans) is fake or not if people are just saying YES IT IS GOOD DEAL; GENUINE: etc etc. the real question here is HOW? HOW CAN YOU TELL?

with that question, it educates people who are reading the thread rather than just benefiting from "authentication service". Dont you think it is more profound than everytime you need to know the authenticity you will be coming here posting pictures of what you got. Do not get me wrong with pictures it is good reference but HOW?

(this also in response to the translation made by JD MAY. Im sorry to tell this but it was bad translation you did)

5. i did not think that styleforum is for computer programming. (just using your line of reasoning!) Dear, i would not ask this site,EXAMPLE, for NIKE if theres a label 'for ADIDAS only'! even they cater for the same market niche!

of course before writing, it requires thinking!

kiel

Reaction score
teacha.gif
(SOMETHING LIE THIS WOULD BE GREAT! TAKE NOTE PEOPLE THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE!I STILL HAVE NO CLUE OF WHAT BRANDS RUN HERE!)

Every `pair of Pepe jeans should have something called a ´busted
out seam´. This is on the inside of the jean all of the way down the
legs. The material is pressed and flattened (busted) to make the
´out seam ´look neater.
Every pair of pepe basics should also carry a red or black tablet
shaped slug with our logo on the outside left back pocket.

Trevor Lough
Art Director
Pepe Jeans London
Alfonso XII -36, 6izq
28014 Madrid
Spain
Tel: +34 91 3601843
Fax: +34 91 4297812

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads