1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

jean shop

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dhinggok, Aug 13, 2006.

1. BerserKer

BerserKer Member

Is the wallet the one that is available at bluebeetleonline.com[​IMG]

2. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Yeah, the Natural is the one we are talking about, but there is another that isn't quite as big as that one, that runs about $125 and isn't listed. My only question would be on the durability... the leather seemed a bit thin when I looked at it. How does yours look BlvdDandy? Does it seem like it will hold up stuffed with tons of cash? Not that I have tons of cash, but just in case.

3. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

Yeah, the Natural is the one we are talking about, but there is another that isn't quite as big as that one, that runs about $125 and isn't listed. My only question would be on the durability... the leather seemed a bit thin when I looked at it. How does yours look BlvdDandy? Does it seem like it will hold up stuffed with tons of cash? Not that I have tons of cash, but just in case.

The one I have is like the black one selling for $150 on the site, only in the natural leather. As far as thickness is concerned, I'd say it's pretty thick (for example, thicker than my Mulholland Bros. wallet which has held up really well).

What this I hear about a sun tan?

4. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Rogans are overpriced (isn't all premium denim?) but they aren't junk. For what they are, they are good. Interesting details and cuts, if they're your bag.

5. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

The one I have is like the black one selling for $150 on the site, only in the natural leather. As far as thickness is concerned, I'd say it's pretty thick (for example, thicker than my Mulholland Bros. wallet which has held up really well).

What this I hear about a sun tan?

yeah if you leave it in the sun for a few days the leather will tan itself and become slightly darker brown. Then you can begin breaking it in by putting some leather conditioner on it.

6. watchman

watchman Active Member

RNRSWITCH- you can get a very, very nice handmade unstained leather belt here. http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/ i know the site looks kind of poorly done, but i promise it's legit. Check out the "evolution of leather goods" thread of superfuture if you want to see one of their belts

LA Guy- Rag and Bone uses selvage liberally too. My RB6's have a selvage coin pocket for gods sake.

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

I'd go with the Rogans. People keep refering to them as flimsy, but I've had mine for close to four years, apart from some repatching of the back hem they have worn quite gracefully.

I've been supporting the skinny jean movement for a while but my balls love Rogans!.

As for Jeans Shop, aren't they a part of Red Tiger Trading, basically there expensive Lucky Brand, uuuuccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!. Go with RPM 45 if selvage is so alluring.

8. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

RNRSWITCH- you can get a very, very nice handmade unstained leather belt here. http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/ i know the site looks kind of poorly done, but i promise it's legit. Check out the "evolution of leather goods" thread of superfuture if you want to see one of their belts LA Guy- Rag and Bone uses selvage liberally too. My RB6's have a selvage coin pocket for gods sake.
    That's funny because I have been looking at their ranger belts for some time. I was wondering if the leather is an actual saddle leather. I know they have bridle leather for the ranger belts. I am almost ready to bite on one of those. Wow I just noticed they updated their wallets section. I am seriously considering buying the ponderosa or some other natural shrunken grain leather wallet from them. The price is about right.

9. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Senior member

The Ponderosa wallet resulted from when I mailed Henry (leathergoodsconnection) a photo of a Red Moon. I think he did a pretty good repro, especially since he also went to the trouble to find someone to handle the leather braid.

I previously ordered a belt through the site, which turned out very nice, too.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I wasn't aware that the RB6 had selvedge on the ticket pocket (never checked, I'll have to), but that's besides the point. Rag & Bone is pretty mcuch the only game in town in it's particular niche (sort of dressed up denim). In the "Western" style jeans, which is the market Jean Shop is going after, 5EP is much better in everyway (better construction, denim, cut,) as is Kicking Mule Workshop, although, as someone else mentioned, they have to work on cuts. Any number of Japanese repros also beat Jean Shop. In the updated Western/urban vibe, Nom de Guerre uses better denim and trims, and imo, have better cuts. And for rock bottom prices, APC is a better bet.

That said, the leather goods (especially the bags) do look very nice, if really expensive.)

11. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

Bumping this up because I'd like an update on that RM like wallet BlvdDandy said he got.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I'd seen these at Fred Segal and thought they looked cool but never tried em on....so over the weekend I saw these again, tried it on, and realized this is one of the best fitting jeans on me that I have worn. The orange selvage is very cool, different without being garish, and the riri zipper is a nice touch. Not sure what this "gimmick" is that's being referred to as it's a simple, minimalist, non-logo'd, japanese denim jean. I like the bright orange Nudie-ish stitching and the fit (regular straight slim) is like the Nudie Slim Jim but etter made. Bought a pair, and it's def at the top of my rotation

*and +1 on the unbleached weft

13. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

That's two recs from the pros, kids (tays was sporting a pair in WAYWT not long ago); I think consensus might be shifting a bit...

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I tried these on at Fred Segal a couple of years ago and I can vouch for the fit - perfect really. At the time I was less accustomed to paying $200 for jeans so I shied away. I'm not crazy about the orange cast but I suspect that will mellow after a few washes.

15. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Yeah i saw them down at the blue bee here in Santa Barbara. The leather is beautiful. Remember to leave it out in the sun for a couple of days to tan it. I wonder if there is any way to get a belt to be made of saddle leather. Hmm.
    Edit: Found my answer.

16. blake

blake Senior member

rogans are flimsy? i mean, i understand if i was wearing them hard for them to wear and tear soon. however, i just wear my jeans for going to class and walking around. well, nice jeans like the at least. are you telling me that for just walking around, having lunch, hanging out, etc. they aren't going to last me 6-8 months?
    the three rogan that I own have all ripped or had some similar issue. One pair literally shredded the first day I wore them. The tags that come on the jeans warn you about this like it is a good thing....Go for the jean shop if It is just between those two choices.