Jean Shop NYC

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by berlin report, Nov 22, 2007.

1. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

jean shops look pretty good but i can't get over how they use that "comic san serif" font for the jeans.. Pretty much ruins the general aesthetics of the jean in a way

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

jean shops look pretty good but i can't get over how they use that "comic san serif" font for the jeans.. Pretty much ruins the general aesthetics of the jean in a way
    lol. Yeah, it's like I'm staring at the font every single second I'm wearing my jeans...

3. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

^ of course when the jeans are being worn, its insignificant what font or whatever else is on the inside of the jeans but really, comic sans serif???? its kind of hard to take the jean seriously with such a comical font

4. whodini

^ of course when the jeans are being worn, its insignificant what font or whatever else is on the inside of the jeans but really, comic sans serif???? its kind of hard to take the jean seriously with such a comical font
    lolz. ur so rite. how silly of me to buy my jawns for things like denim quality, cunstruction, and fit. must be why i dont wear apc jawns, the font is in bold. wtf. is it yelling at me?

5. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

whats the deal? Im not ragging on the brand for the quality or anything like that. I've heard nothing but good. All i'm saying is, comic sans serif is a silly ass choice for jeans like this. Comic sans serif is more suited for clown pants, not "jawnz." It's just one person's opinion, my bad b if I made you mad or offended ya...

6. whodini

Not offended at all but you're showcasing some serious OCD if the font on the inside tag is what's stopping you from wearing a pair of jeans. It's pretty funny.

7. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

i never said i wouldn't wear these because of the font. I said the use of comic sans serif makes the inside (or wherever its used) look "silly". Apologies if I was unclear or confusing.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Not offended at all but you're showcasing some serious OCD if the font on the inside tag is what's stopping you from wearing a pair of jeans. It's pretty funny.

I don't think that it is OCD. Representing your brand properly is really important.

9. slide13

slide13 Senior member

are you talking about the font on the rectangular orange tag on the inside of the waistband?

I've always liked it, very reminiscent of uniform work pants and rather unique. To each their own though. I enjoy mine and my belt as well, I haven't found a single thing I dislike about either actually.

10. cancel.sing

cancel.sing Senior member

I also hate that they use that typeface.

11. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

for me, comic sans serif reminds me of "3rd grade" birthday party invitation flier made from "printshop" or something. Again, the typeface used doesn't take anything away from the quality of jean shops but as slide13 mentioned, "different folks, different yokes"

12. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Comic sans serif - Looking Terrible Since 1994.

Next for Jean Shop: Papyrus.

13. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Sans "The Comic Sans font has been used on several products, including the tags on Beanie Babies (since the late 1990s) and the 2004 Canada Day 25-cent collector coin.[5] As well as featuring in The Sims series of video games." "the irreverence of Comic Sans is often at odds with a serious message."

14. dougie

dougie Senior member

Two things, neither of which contribute anything much to this thread:

1. http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07052007

2. Skunkworks, I just watched Goodfellas again and noticed that Clay Davis is Ray Liotta's brother's doctor at the very end of the movie. Pretty awesome, but, then, so is Goodfellas.

15. sayocean

sayocean Senior member