• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean Shop NYC

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know where their leather jackets are made, or even better, who makes them for Jean Shop? I'm thinking about the moto jacket...

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Anyone know where their leather jackets are made, or even better, who makes them for Jean Shop? I'm thinking about the moto jacket...
I love the styling on it, but not for that price. I think SFer impolyt_one mentioned he might make a similar jacket to that at a much cheaper price.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked some up from the B&S and they are pretty nice. The thighs are a bit tight and the waist fits perfectly. Think I should hem or no? I kind of want a very clean silhouette with no break since I already have my routes which are 37" inseams for major stacking.
jeanshop.jpg
jeanshop2.jpg
Note the color isn't accurate at all.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i remeber FOK saying some pretty negative things about jean shop in the sufu thread. care to elaborate? or if your opinion has changed?

Necro'd thread. Just saw this question. I am still not a big fan of their denim. For the money, I think that you can get better jeans with the same "western" feel. The finishing is not as nice as say, Kicking Mule; the denim is not as nuanced as say, 5EP (though these are no longer available); and the price is not as attractive as say, RRL. Also not a big fan of the bright orange stitching. The leather goods are stupendous though, and I have no idea how they wash and dye leather, but I haven't seen it done better. I have a card case in a cherry red, and a belt in a washed red brown, and they are amazing. Super vanity fit though. I have an XS belt, and I am not that small, with a 31" waist.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ For sure. I got mine for over $100 off retail. They wouldn't really be worth it to pay retail for them, esp. without the nice details of hidden rivets etc.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got mine on heavy discount and found them to not only fit great (vanity sized for sure!) but also a great deal at the discount.

I find the denim has a interesting brown hue to it in certain sun light.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
If anyone else was curious about the country of origin for the moto jackets, they're made in China...

naaaaate

Reaction score
Love their jeans but christ they use the worst fabric for the pocket bags. Must be some kind of ass polyester cotton crud because they started pilling like crazy after maybe a month of wear. Love the rest of the jeans though, especially the orange selvage/stitching, really makes the jeans have this colorful feel & I'm excited to get them to a very faded point of their lives because the orange and lighter blues would look so nice. Got them during a mauro sale for the price of APCs so they're a great deal pricewise for me, not so sure about retail though.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the Rockers and I love them. I think the denim is pretty decent overall, just nothing particularly stand-out about it. The fit is great for me and I just really like the way they are wearing in. I've had them for about 8 weeks now, with maybe 4 or 5 days in that time where I wore something else and I like them more and more each day.

I also have a belt from them that I picked up at their store in Soho when I was vacationing in NYC. Great leather and an awesome buckle. The service I got there was really good as well. The people working the store are really nice, friendly and helpful unlike a couple other places I visited.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Love their jeans but christ they use the worst fabric for the pocket bags. Must be some kind of ass polyester cotton crud because they started pilling like crazy after maybe a month of wear.
That's odd. I've worn mine for six or seven months and the bags still look practically new.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
magician gave me his pair and they are ok I guess.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
That's odd. I've worn mine for six or seven months and the bags still look practically new.

Maybe I got a bad run, but it's no big deal it gives me a fun project for making new pocket bags and somehow replacing the old ones without having to unsew the pocket seam (since thatd mean taking out that rivet). The rest of the jeans are too nice for the absurd markdown I got them for so I still like them a lot.

Also has anyone tried their chambray shirts? That orange stitching contrasts with the chambray material in such a gorgeous way, a nice twist on a chambray: http://www.denimart.com/worldjeansho...y_Shirt.html#2 and I like that it's a western/non-western hybrid.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've put mine through about a year of fairly constant use and the pocket bags are still doing quite well. There is light pilling on parts of it but in no way are they falling apart.

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
I have a pair of the Rockers and I love them. I think the denim is pretty decent overall, just nothing particularly stand-out about it. The fit is great for me and I just really like the way they are wearing in. I've had them for about 8 weeks now, with maybe 4 or 5 days in that time where I wore something else and I like them more and more each day.

I also have a belt from them that I picked up at their store in Soho when I was vacationing in NYC. Great leather and an awesome buckle. The service I got there was really good as well. The people working the store are really nice, friendly and helpful unlike a couple other places I visited.

This is very true. Great service, great store. The put up with me humming and hawing *************** or indigo jacket, and in S or M for like 30 minutes. Can't speak highly enough of the folks in that shop!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads