• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jean Repair

Count Basie

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new to the forum and I must say this is a very resourceful site. Plus, everyone seems so unpretentious, unlike other fashion forums.Anyway, my problem is that there has been some wear on the back pockets to my jeans. Theres a noticable hole and Im afraid its just going to get bigger. Is there any way of fixing this problem? Also, anyone know where I can fix it in NYC? Thanks a lot.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any tailor can patch that up, and usually they do a good job of hiding the patch. Go to your local tailor and ask them, and they can probably explain the repair to you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've used the Denim Doctor myself. They do an excellent job, but they're expensive. It's appropriate to use them for expensive, or collectible vintage jeans. For a newer pair of jeans, an good tailor can do the job. And the truth is, the job done by regular tailors looks a lot like the work I got done at Denim Doctor. The basic idea is to get a piece of denim in a similar color/fade to the denim around your hole, and to sew the patch in with a machine - lots of thread (thread also in matching color. It never looks absolutely perfect, but it looks a lot better than it sounds.

Rob

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any talented tailor can put in an "invisible patch" into a threadbare area or hole in denim. Mine even blended the thread he used to match the wear patterns on my jeans. It's not an expensive procedure either, if I remember correctly the whole thing was less than $15. Hope this helps.

Aaron

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

stache

Reaction score
Maybe this is not your cup of tea but sometimes I will put a patch behind the hole in jeans. That way they are repaired but they still have that frayed look. P.S. consider putting your wallet in the front pocket.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.