• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jean length

LDawg

Reaction score
What is a good rule of thumb for how long jeans should be? If it's too long, it looks clumped up near the ankles. If it's too short, then you have a pair of floods. I would say the top of the soles of the shoes you're going to wear with it while standing?.?. Chime in with your guys' opinions.

Cheers,
LDawg

davei

Reaction score
Kind of depends on the jeans. With bootcut jeans, top the shoes is probably OK - you'll get alot of break over the front of your shoes. Slim jeans (like a Levi's 505) can be longer, since there won't be as much break. It's all a matter of personal taste, really. I know people who love the flood look (to show off their shoes) but personally, I find it ridiculous

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.6%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 15.1%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 69 33.7%