• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jean jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I am curious to get fellow forum members opinions on jean jackets. Â Do you own one? Â I saw one at polo.com that I rather liked; it seems that a jean jacket would be quite versatile, and a valuable addition to any wardrobe. Â Here is the one I saw that I liked. http://www.polo.com/product....=family

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I had one back in the '80s (when I was in junior high). Right now, I don't have one, and have no intention of getting one any time soon.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
i have a couple that i wear all the time. one is a slimfitting Diesel denim jacket the other one is the holy grail of denim jackets, the Levis 506xx buckleback jacket

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious to get fellow forum members opinions on jean jackets. Â Do you own one? Â I saw one at polo.com that I rather liked; it seems that a jean jacket would be quite versatile, and a valuable addition to any wardrobe. Â Here is the one I saw that I liked. http://www.polo.com/product....=family
I like that one as well. I was eyeing a couple of months ago, but never pulled the trigger. If you decide to order it, let me know what you think of it once it arrives.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wouldn't be caught dead

mais chacun a son gout

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the other one is the holy grail of denim jackets, the Levis 506xx buckleback jacket
Damn... that's a cool jacket. The only thing that would piss me off is the no side pockets.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few - they're handy for wearing with cargos, cords, and jeans (if they're not an exact match). One favorite is a classic slim-fitting Levi's trucker jacket, purchased in the darkest blue rinse, which I'm slowly wearing down - should take a couple of years at least. Another favorite is a newer one, a really slim-fitting zip-up motorcycle-style denim jacket, with zippered sleeves and double-button patch-and-flap chest pockets, in a medium blue - works with more 'techy' cuts and fabrics. EDIT: Thread moved to streetwear and denim in 3... 2... 1...

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I like your choice, but I may offer this suggestion, buy an authentic Levi's or Wrangler model.  It's a better deal and wearing it in yourself gives the jacket more character than a store-bought distressed finish.

I know both sides of this from a ill-advised teenage acid washed jean jacket purchase in the '80s at Sears (Cayon River Blues.) and a more sensible recent purchase from the Wal-Mart website.

guitone

Reaction score
I finally picked up a new Levi's after years of looking..I wear it with chinos, like it a lot but not for everyday as it was in my youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior