• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jcrew's site made me puke in my mouth....

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
click on "men" to see "selvedge denim"....
frown.gif
jump. shark.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their jeans are made on 100 year old looms, what's yours made from? H8er.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen the painted selvage jeans yet? I ordered some chinos back at the first of the month and I sent them back but I haven't seen my refund yet. I called to inquire and they said give it until the end of next week. If I don't get my $100 back there is going to be serious hell to pay.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you referring to these? They don't look that bad imo.
erez.jpg
Or are you complaining on the price? How else are they going to pay for their recent $1.3 billion website upgrade?
Originally Posted by xchen
I ordered some chinos back at the first of the month and I sent them back but I haven't seen my refund yet. I called to inquire and they said give it until the end of next week. If I don't get my $100 back there is going to be serious hell to pay.
Yeah, you're going to have to wait awhile. The **** hit the fan with their site upgrade and there are all sorts of delays being reported on the web. You should have just returned them in-store.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Their jeans are made on 100 year old looms, what's yours made from? H8er.

yeah, best toss my samurai's....

$500 to the first person to find the original post from which they did a copy/paste

YoungM

Reaction score
People on this site are hilariously condescending.

As someone who frequents a fashion forum, you should at least know enough to see that fashion is an ebb and flow, and largely subjective. We know we like our Raw Denim. We're not big fans of distressed, faux high end jeans. Does that make the person who goes out and spends that much on jeans like that stupid? And don't give me the "They lack any originality" arguement. We here have our own joked about "uniform", so to accuse people of dressing like others in a group is, frankly, hypocritical.

And seriously, puke in your mouth? Thats taking the sarcastic hyperbole a bit too far.

datasupa

Reaction score
I puked into ******, slurped it out, puked it into my roommate's ass, slurped it, puked it into my roommate's mouth, and then got it puked back into my mouth. Then I puked it into my mouth.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really, I don't have a problem with people wearing SFAM, A&F, etc.

I understand that most people are mentally overtaxed as it is, and only have so much time and energy to spend on clothes. If a person just wants to go to the mall, and spend an hour or two and a c-note to make themselves look a little more "fashionable", I really can't find fault with that. Reading about Japanese denim and ordering online from the few botique retailers in the US that carry them is time and energy that some people might think is better spent studying or honing marketable skills.

Cheap and/or easy is a perfectly understandable attitude towards clothing, In addition, I don't like people who judge a person's character based on their propensity to dress cheap and/or easy.

By the same token, I have no problem criticizing people for bad fashion choices that are neither cheap nor easy. Ed Hardy, for instance, where a person would have to go out of their way and spend an exorbitant amount of money to look like utter ****. At this point, I would have to question what character traits would compel a person to do such a thing.

This isn't about "style" as some cultivated, rarified sense. This is about ugly. Immediately apparent, slap-you-in-the face ugly.

I have no problem criticizing jeans like those-- not because they fail to be stylish, but because they fail not to be ugly. As well, I have no problem criticizing a person who would spend so much money on such ugly clothing.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but how could you puke it into your mouth if it was already in your mouth? Do you mean you puked it and then put it back in your mouth?

Was there a cup involved?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
but how could you puke it into your mouth if it was already in your mouth? Do you mean you puked it and then put it back in your mouth?

Was there a cup involved?

Incidentally, if you even try to search for 2girls1cup nowadays, all you'll find are viruses.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Incidentally, if you even try to search for 2girls1cup nowadays, all you'll find are viruses.

And coincidentally, if you try to replicate 2girls1cup nowadays, all you'll catch are viruses.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I think its great how people are willing to pay 100$ for thrift store jeans.

They'll tell you "these are a replica of something we found in ____" what they don't tell you is they found it at a swap meat, or a thrift store. Thats were a big chunk of the stuff for LVC repros come from.

People are too lazy to break jeans in themselves, and too lazy to spend an afternoon looking in 3-4 thrift stores for someone else's broken-in jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics