• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jcrew shoes - what do you think

zerostyle

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice brown shoe for wear with jeans. JCrew has these oxfords right now:
erez.jpg
Product link here: (look at brown, not black) http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/ca...fton/97091.jsp Any thoughts? I tried the Allen Edmonds Leeds, but they just didn't fit me right. Other suggestions for non-sneaker jeans options would be great.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pls don't!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO they're really boring and conservative. As my wife calls them, "serial killer shoes." Plain toe oxfords only work for me IF they are well-made out of truly amazing leather, like cordovan.

Also move to J crew discussion.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
IMHO they're really boring and conservative. As my wife calls them, "serial killer shoes." Plain toe oxfords only work for me IF they are well-made out of truly amazing leather, like cordovan.

Also move to J crew discussion and/or fugly shoe thread!.

fixed

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a nice brown shoe for wear with jeans.

JCrew has these oxfords right now:

erez.jpg

Product link here: (look at brown, not black)
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/ca...fton/97091.jsp

Any thoughts? I tried the Allen Edmonds Leeds, but they just didn't fit me right.

Other suggestions for non-sneaker jeans options would be great.

if your going to spend $150 dollars on a pair of shoes maybe wait and see if you can find some higher-end ae's or even some lower-end alden on sale somewhere.

those are not very stylish and quality looks mediocre at best.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like poop, so its gotta be poop

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
At least go with the wingtips if you go that route.

Maybe some Doc martens or solovairs might be a better route for jeans.

inter71

Reaction score
If you are looking for a dark brown derby pair of shoes to wear with jeans, I recommend Crockett and Jones Ashdown. They are relatively expensive but worth every single penny. You will not be disappointed with the quality, the country calf leather, and the dainite sole. I just got them and they look terrific with blue and navy blue jeans.
The link below provides few interesting images of Ashdown. http://www.edwardsofmanchester.co.uk...n-e-brown.html

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you let your dog poop on them they might be better. right now they suck tho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads