• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jcrew is now selling alden longwings

rick

Reaction score
sorry if this has been covered by jcrew is now selling alden longwings, only two stores for now the men shop, and the liquor store both in nyc. anyhow the men's shop has a dark brown longwing and a which i thought was cool a light brown tan almost whisky. both are in calf.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had not heard this. A quick google search found some pics. They look good. I like the natural sole w/ the tan calfskin. I can't tell if the blucher in the background is shell, but I doubt that it is.

jcrew_mens_new_23.jpg

jcrew_mens_new_02.jpg

Looks like they are $440:
jcrew_mens_new_03.jpg

Skyler

Reaction score
Any idea what last they're on? Looks like a Plaza.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
while I'm not a fan, I feel this opporutnity is good for Alden..

Keeps the business going. that's great!

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is so funny. About 3 months ago Mickey Drexler spoke at my school (NYU) about J.Crew, etc....

So during the Q&A session i raise my hand and ask him "why J.Crew does not sell better quality shoes?". I said they were selling Loro Piana cashmere, Thomas Mason shirting and otherwise pretty low quality shoes. And so M.Drexler replies to me by saying "What do you expect me to do? Sell Alden shoes?"......

I guess i got my answer.

PS... those tan colored longwings are awesome. I think i might get a pair and use my student discount. I think it is 15% at J Crew.

rick

Reaction score
i ask the same question about what last they are on, and the sales person had no idea what i was talking about, then i spoke with a manager and he was pretty sure they were on barrie last. which makes sense.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at a conference some 4 or 5 mos ago and mickey said that they were working with alden. I didn't believe it.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish they were free!

dshell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The one true color for longwings is a fiery chestnut, despite what Mafoo would have you belief. Though they ought to be scotchgrain.

+1 on that. I bought a pair in scotchgrain after seeing Doc's WAYWRN post. Gradually they've been eroding the rotation of my #8 shell longwings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads