• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JCPenney Stafford Suits

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Cruiser? Is that you?

Why would the Great Pest of Andyland need to ask? By his own admission, all his suits (and his tuxedo) are from J.C. Penney!

Fashion Savant

Reaction score
I like J C Penney's Stafford Executive dress shirts. I have a bunch for work. Their regular Stafford shirts are constructed cheaply (i.e lack top stitching on the sleeves, sewn in collar staves that are flimsy) and wouldn't reccommend them. I'm not sure if they have Stafford suits and Safford Executive suits.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Why would the Great Pest of Andyland need to ask? By his own admission, all his suits (and his tuxedo) are from J.C. Penney!
He has a JC Penney tux?!?!
laugh.gif
crackup[1].gif

overdog

Reaction score
I have a Stafford Executive suit from the late 90's that was made in USA by Hart Schaffner Marx. It is half canvassed and is still in really good shape. The Stafford suits are not as good anymore, but I think Stafford stuff is decent, especially at clearance prices. I'd recommend Stafford over anything from Macy's.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
He has a JC Penney tux?!?!

laugh.gif
crackup[1].gif

Yep! Notch lapel, of course. He is defiantly proud of that. I recently looked on Penney's website, and you can buy a pair of their tux separates, jacket and pants for a bit over $100. I wonder when Target will get into the black tie game.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep! Notch lapel, of course. He is defiantly proud of that. I recently looked on Penney's website, and you can buy a pair of their tux separates, jacket and pants for a bit over $100. I wonder when Target will get into the black tie game.

I'm hardly a fan of the guy but why don't you post this at AAAC so the guy might have a chance to defend himself.

dl

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Target had tux separates last year. Albeit a little fashiony, but they had them. They sold out very fast.

noVA99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lookatmystyle
Are the JCPenney Stafford Suits any good?

depends....where is it made? In China? some third world country? If so, then it's crap. If not, then it's good.

pitboss12

Reaction score
I think that most of the Stafford suits are made in Mexico or China.

However, last year they did have some Stafford Executive suits that were made of cloth woven in Italy and assembled in Italy. I don't remember which house the fabric came from, but I do remember seeing the label in a picture on shown on Mr. Ned's blog.

I think that Stafford is a good brand for basic workhorse office wear. I do like Land's End but with Stafford you can see up close/try on before you buy. Definitely better than anything at Macy's.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pitboss12
I do like Land's End but with Stafford you can see up close/try on before you buy. Definitely better than anything at Macy's.

If you're near to a Sears (like most probably are) it's not that big a deal. What I always end up doing with stuff that can be returned to the store is to order several items (often same item in different sizes due to variations in fit) and return what I don't like/doesn't fit. Land's End has flat-rate shipping as well so it's not a problem in that regard either.

Obviously I agree that being able to try stuff on first is ideal but this is decent as another option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads