1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jay Allen

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ahaz, Apr 11, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I'm 6' exactly and about 160-165 lbs... and my chest is about 38" and my waist is like 33". Weird!

I am pretty close to that, maybe 1/2 an inch shorter with a 40.5 chest. Now I am unsure as to what size would work for me, seeing all this.

2. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Stelios, you're a good bit taller than me but that's about my chest size. Jay recommended a M.

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

My chest is somewhere between a 39 and 40 (haven't measured recently, but I'm in a gaining phase). Medium fits me well. skalogre, I agree with Tom.

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Stelios, you're a good bit taller than me but that's about my chest size. Jay recommended a M.

Ah, I see; thanks [​IMG]. Wait, I may be actually between 39 through 40. I am not sure now. Oh well, I am between 38 and 40 in jackets, lol, I *think* I am around 39-40.

5. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

LOL that's kind of what I feel like these days, but I'm somewhere between 40-42 (um, gaining phase, yeah, that's it). 39-40 should fit through the chest like LA Guy's does.

Tom

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

LOL that's kind of what I feel like these days, but I'm somewhere between 40-42 (um, gaining phase, yeah, that's it). 39-40 should fit through the chest like LA Guy's does.

Tom

[​IMG]

Thanks again.

7. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

LOL. No, seriously, I'm a major ectomorph. That 40 is the result of a lot of weight training.

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

LOL. No, seriously, I'm a major ectomorph. That 40 is the result of a lot of weight training.

Hmm. I just read up on this body type stuff - ironically it looks like I am inbetween meso and ectomorph [​IMG] rather irritating but it fits with my typical difficulty in getting things to fit right, I have quite straight/square shoulders but I am *mostly* lean and don't seem to bulk up easily at all. Anyway, I will go with your recommendations, thanks saucemaster/tiger02!

P.s. At least I am too short to look really lanky [​IMG]

9. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

so i was watching a jay leno rerun at 2am and it was the rerun of the episode from last monday with mariah carey and her dress was really ugly.
    well after that this comedian was the next guest and he was pretty funny so i was watching it and then i noticed what he was wearing... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank goodness for my sidekick and the fact that i pay attention to people's clothes. haha.

10. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

11. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Wow, good catch. Very impressive, Jay.

13. keal

keal Senior member

HOLY SHINOLA

Those hoodies own me! Collect them all! Faster Pussycat Kill Kill and all that good stuff... [​IMG]

OMG I have to order some shirts and hoodies from Jay... lemme get my finances in order and don't mind if I shoot out an email pretty soon [​IMG]

14. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

hm, i like 04101 (though i probably wouldn't wear it cause i have no ties to the 04101), bespoke, and chocolate rain. wish they were in other colors though. the other stuff doesn't do it for me- looks a little too rockstar for me i think.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

hm, i like 04101 (though i probably wouldn't wear it cause i have no ties to the 04101), bespoke, and chocolate rain. wish they were in other colors though. the other stuff doesn't do it for me- looks a little too rockstar for me i think.

Hmmm, I think that Cold Rice and I have very different tastes. I wear Bespoke and 04101 most if layering the tees under something else, but wear Crucifix (the tee shown) or Medusa when worn over, say, a thermal. I like a little bit of the rockstar look (think I picked this up in LA) along with my DIY and military inspired gear.

16. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

Coldrice------your look is sooooo rockstar to me. so weird that you should say that. The leather biker jacket immediately comes to mind.

17. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

See, my style is similar to coldrice's and I don't think I could pull this off. I'm really, really wanting to get one (does anyone have the Nietzsche?) just to support Jay, but the colors are just not me. Again, it's too West-coast rocker, with all the soft browns and oranges and asymmetrical, loud designs. I think I have too much of a dark East-villager look: chic-nerd meets goth-folk with some bohemian added in for good measure. I guess (I just wear what I like)? I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I'm a guy who can find pieces to wear from any collection, and with these shirts I'm like, "How they hell could I integrate that?"

18. DNW

DNW Senior member

(does anyone have the Nietzsche?)

I have the Nietzsche shirt, but I usually wear it under a navy or khaki blazer.

19. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

What needs integrating? tshirt, jeans, sneakers, and you're good to go

20. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

Coldrice------your look is sooooo rockstar to me. so weird that you should say that. The leather biker jacket immediately comes to mind.
    this is a different rockstar look. i abhor the overstyled (asian) rockstar look with large belt buckles, flashy clothing, pointy shoes, etc. i take more from punk rock than rock- i think the styles are very different- yet i'm still in favor of subtley (which punk rock isn't very well known for). so that said, i'm sure these shirts can work in a understated outfit- but when i look at them an overstyled, fake tan, big bleach haired, pointy-shoe-wearing, japanese guy comes to mind (i think i may have been here too long haha).