1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jay Allen

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ahaz, Apr 11, 2006.

1. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Just curious,

Can you order the T shirts in any of the colors in "Colorways" on the website, or is a specific T only made in the color as the T is depicted on the website?

Thanks! I'll be dropping an order soon.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just curious,

Can you order the T shirts in any of the colors in "Colorways" on the website, or is a specific T only made in the color as the T is depicted on the website?

Thanks! I'll be dropping an order soon.

Jay has done different colorways. For example, at both Uncle Otis (TO) and Market, you'll find the "Bespoke" in non standard colorways.

Hey Minya, that's a small? Wierd. We are about the same height and I weigh a little less, but the medium fits me the same across my chest and shoulders, and is just a little drappier through the torso.

3. minya

minya Senior member

Hey Minya, that's a small? Wierd. We are about the same height and I weigh a little less, but the medium fits me the same across my chest and shoulders, and is just a little drappier through the torso.
    Yeah, I don't get it. My Spruce classic fit hoodie in Small fits me in a very similar manner.

Normally I'm a medium in everything, but it seems I can pull off a small from time to time.

4. LA Guy

Yeah, I don't get it. My Spruce classic fit hoodie in Small fits me in a very similar manner.

Normally I'm a medium in everything, but it seems I can pull off a small from time to time.

It is wierd. You've seen pics of me in a medium Spruce hoodie, and while not skin tight, it is reasonably fitted.

5. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Since we're having a Jay Allen picture post-a-thon :p

[​IMG]

I'm about 6'0 tall, and like 180 pounds, wearing a medium.

Jay, expect an order sometime in the next week or so :p

6. Forsaken

Forsaken Member

I'd buy a bunch of these if they're ever made in an x-small.

7. LA Guy

Since we're having a Jay Allen picture post-a-thon :p

[​IMG]

I'm about 6'0 tall, and like 180 pounds, wearing a medium.

Jay, expect an order sometime in the next week or so :p

Looking real cool.

But it is really wierd. I wear a medium too, and my shirts fit pretty much like yours, except that I have slightly more room in the shoulder. Chest fits exactly the same. And while you are an inch taller, I weigh a good 25 lbs less than you do... And most of my mass is in my legs... Not wearing one of his shirts now, but I'll post a picture of myself in one later (a medium, of course,) and you'll see what I mean.

8. jay allen

jay allen Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see them. Are you still going to be offering your old lineup? There are some that I want now, but I'll hold off and see what the new stuff is if I can do both.
    I doubt I'll ever retire my designs. Because I make them myself...essentially to order, it isn't a big hassle to make them. Places that have their shirts printed, say in Portugal, really have no choice but to retire designs. It is too costly to do short runs, on short notice, in a foreign country. I hope to have 6-8 new designs to show by June. I should also have a womens line with it's own unique graphics. You guys will be the first to know.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

[​IMG] I don't have a JA shirt. Yet. [​IMG]

10. j

j Senior member Admin

[​IMG]
    If it said "dissolve", I would wear that shirt.

11. LA Guy

This is me (153-155 lbs, 40" chest, 31 inch waist, 5'11"), in Jay's "Star" shirt in a medium.

[​IMG]

12. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

Gotta spread the love. Ordered a bespoke from Jay a few months ago.

Have got to say the shirt itself is like wearing a roll of charmin.

I have one other t-shirt which is ridiculously soft. However, that is due to 10 years of wear. I'll be back for the 04101 soon.

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

This is me (153-155 lbs, 40" chest, 31 inch waist, 5'11"), in Jay's "Star" shirt in a medium.
    d00d, what's up with those flares? I'm 6'1 165, and a medium fits me just a little bit looser around the chest than yours fits you, and similarly elsewhere. It must just be something to do with your frame versus minya's/etc. My frame is very small, classically ectomorph. I'm only at a 38/39" chest now because of many, many hours in the gym (with a lot of focus on the chest specifically). If I was back at 150ish, I'd be a 36 and probably need a small to fit me like your medium fits you. And to join the chorus, jay's shirts are amazing. Soft as hell, amazing technique.

14. Esposito

Esposito New Member

My measurements are almost exactly the same as LA Guy's and the mediums are a great fit for me, both the hoodies and the shirts.

15. minya

minya Senior member

I must have a skinny-ass chest or something. I don't know.

16. raley

raley Senior member

Does anyone have pics of the hoodies?

None on the site either from what it seems.

17. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

Great, great pictures guys. The Chocolate Rain and Star look nothing like I had pictured. The Medusa tee looks great too. Keep postin' up pics if ya'll got 'em.

18. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Does anyone have pics of the hoodies? None on the site either from what it seems.
    Yeah, the post on the hoodies was lost in the Great Crash. Maybe Fok has pictures lying around? At worst, I'm sure Jay can post some when he gets back after the weekend. [edit] Found them. Acid Rain [​IMG] Fire [​IMG] Patriarch [​IMG] Red Square [​IMG] War Paint [​IMG]

19. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

20. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

that fire hoodie is THE JAM!