• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
I called them a couple weeks ago to enquire and was informed that they’ve halted production indefinitely. The gentleman who was making them at Edoya has been I’ll for some time.

thank you!

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can this be done in cordovan through miyagi? special order?
I will have a meeting with them in person in a couple of weeks. I'll find out if they're willing to take single orders at a surcharge. An issue is the cordovan. I'm not sure of how good the cordovan will hold up with skin stitching, and how well it can be executed.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to all the advice for Tokyo visits. I ended up going to Tokyu Hands and Brift H. Got my shoes polished at Brift H and bought some of his polishing cloths and the water dispenser. I can't believe those guys polish shoes in bespoke suits.

Anyway at Tokyu Hands, like the rest of Japan, it was completely overwhelming. Something like 20 brands of polish, cleaners and other tinctures for shoes. I would recommend anyone visiting Tokyo to go to the Times Square Tokyu Hands for the selection and if you spend 5000 JPY you can get tax free. Ended up just getting a super-soft goat brush from Columbus for TH. Also there was a guy there doing some polishing and they said he couldn't polish my shoes. On the 5th floor there was a Mister Minit kiosk where they polished mine. Nothing too special. They couldn't do a mirror shine but I got a standard polish for an OK price using Medaille d'Or products.

Now that I've seen a master how to polish shoes, maybe I can get the same results at home. Probably just one pair maybe twice a month will get this treatment. It just takes a while more than anything. (Although I was surprised that no Brift H cream/polish was used at Brift H but whatever). Thought about getting a better photo until I realized the shoes are so polished they reflect the light so...yeah I think you get the point.
20191018_155754.jpg

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great write-up. Yes Tokyo Hands has this amazing array of products, and are about one of the only place to stock Saphir Pate de Luxe - the polish you see on Murata`s Instagrams, and possibly the one he uses for that sole finish of his. The guy behind the shoe polish counter is there for advice, and you're right, they don't offer a polish service - but have some incredibly wax lacquered shoes - no doubt he waxes the same shoe every day, as one they have there is like a glass candy! He did give me great advice though - in terms of the mirror finish he mentioned the most important layer is the first - press real hard, use very little polish, and just a small amount of water, but the trick is to press hard and get it into the pores evenly to create an even surface - thereafter according to him, it gets easy. But mess up the first application, and it will make it difficult to catch up. In fact, he recommended removing the polish, and trying again, if you don't feel you got the first layer done well. I`ll post a photo of one of my Kiyo shoes to show what I learned from him, as well as the Saphir Pate de Luxe wet look.

chifromdachi

Reaction score
My latest arrivals from Koji Suzuki. The fit on every pair that I've commissioned from him is sheer perfection. Well worth the $ and the wait.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1334.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1335.JPG
    IMG_1335.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1338.JPG
    IMG_1338.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1340.JPG
    IMG_1340.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1342.JPG
    IMG_1342.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 264

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) Those are so bold what would you wear them with?
2) I don't think I've ever seen $35,000 worth of shoes in one post.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2) I don't think I've ever seen $35,000 worth of shoes in one post.

People pay more for sillier things, you know. At least these support an artisan and the customer gets what he wants, which is more than what RTW-clothes achieve.

Oh, and he's an actor so he can wear things impossible for boardroom types. The audience is always watching.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People pay more for sillier things, you know. At least these support an artisan and the customer gets what he wants, which is more than what RTW-clothes achieve.

Oh, and he's an actor so he can wear things impossible for boardroom types. The audience is always watching.
Don't get me wrong: my post was made entirely out of envy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads