• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ecwy

Reaction score
Proper pics of my Wholecut Chelsea Boot from il Quadrifoglio

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantástic Ecwy!!. Outstanding skils. Love the leather. Congrats

Manuel

Reaction score

Very nice chelsea boots, I´d like to ask you something, Are you comfortable with your boots? there is something strange that surprises me, I observe in the photograph of the table that the boots have no outlet ...I really like the last is very modern.

ecwy

Reaction score
Very nice chelsea boots, I´d like to ask you something, Are you comfortable with your boots? there is something strange that surprises me, I observe in the photograph of the table that the boots have no outlet ...

Sorry, what do you mean by no outlet? It is a little hard to wear the first time but I expect it to get easier over time. It feels comfortable on the first wear so far.

The maker mentioned he added a little excess space over the instep due to the nature of the boots but otherwise I think the fit is fine.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice chelsea boots, I´d like to ask you something, Are you comfortable with your boots? there is something strange that surprises me, I observe in the photograph of the table that the boots have no outlet ...I really like the last is very modern.

What do you mean by no outlet? I am curious if I missed something.

Manuel

Reaction score
Sorry, what do you mean by no outlet? It is a little hard to wear the first time but I expect it to get easier over time. It feels comfortable on the first wear so far.

The maker mentioned he added a little excess space over the instep due to the nature of the boots but otherwise I think the fit is fine.

Yes, the toe of the boot is very close to the ground, there is no distance, it is apparently as if the boot had the heel higher than the last admits, at least it is appreciated in the table photograph.

Manuel

Reaction score
It is a beautiful shoe too but look carefully at this picture, it belongs to the thread of "the shell cordovan, no-Alden ....... here the distance is excessive, for me, only for me the shoe loses elegance.
The lasts where the shoes are made always mark the height of the heel and the distance of the toe with respect to the ground.
cordovan.jpg

ecwy

Reaction score
Yes, the toe of the boot is very close to the ground, there is no distance, it is apparently as if the boot had the heel higher than the last admits, at least it is appreciated in the table photograph.

Oh, that is the toe spring yes? I posted a pic in the Bespoke thread on it as well where I asked about toe spring earlier.

I realized now that there is almost no toe spring with the shoe trees in. However, there is some toe spring when it is removed. I dunno if it was caused by the first wear or it was always there but I did not take any pictures of the boot without the shoe trees inserted except a few pages earlier here where it seems there is some amount of toe spring now that I stare at the picture.

What do you think?

Manuel

Reaction score
Oh, that is the toe spring yes? I posted a pic in the Bespoke thread on it as well where I asked about toe spring earlier.

I realized now that there is almost no toe spring with the shoe trees in. However, there is some toe spring when it is removed. I dunno if it was caused by the first wear or it was always there but I did not take any pictures of the boot without the shoe trees inserted except a few pages earlier here where it seems there is some amount of toe spring now that I stare at the picture.

What do you think?
Yes, is the toe spring I´m sorry my english,
I have looked at the previous photographs and I have not seen much difference.

Many times the boots are uncomfortable when you have many hours put on your feet, at first you do not notice but when you walk a long time the foot is forced forward, overloading your muscles and you can feel more tired than usual, then you start to be uncomfortable, but it is only an appreciation, if you are comfortable you do not have to care.

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score
It is a beautiful shoe too but look carefully at this picture, it belongs to the thread of "the shell cordovan, no-Alden ....... here the distance is excessive, for me, only for me the shoe loses elegance.
The lasts where the shoes are made always mark the height of the heel and the distance of the toe with respect to the ground.
View attachment 1058823
The great wing tip of my dreams

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics