• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I came across a new {to me} Japanese bespoke maker. HIs name is Kota Kobayashi. Information on him is sparse, but here is his homepage: Shoedesign&Shoemaking When | Bespokeshoes | Tokyo (s-when.com)

The page indicates that full bespoke is Y250,000 and that pattern order is Y130,000.

Here is a 40 minute video, with him on the left: [靴職人] 小林 晃太 1足●●万円 フルオーダーを作る裏側 インタビュー編 - YouTube

Bic

I had only heard the name and knew he was trained in Japan. Would definitely be interested in hearing more about his shoes, especially considering the attractive prices.

Considering I would probably not have access to him, @j ingevaldsson has my full support to talk about him on his blog. Although, I may have to rethink that. There's a higher percentage of me getting struck my lightning than me commissioning a pair of Murata's shoes (no thanks to Jesper).

@Bic Pentameter you should work your way over and take a few non-studio shots.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His workshop is about 10 minutes away from my apartment. I will be interested to see if he gets any notoriety in the neighborhood. He is on the 4th floor, so he probably won't get much walk in traffic.

Bic

You should definitely pay him a visit then, even if you don't place an order.

Yeah many bespoke makers in Japan have that type of locations, I've been standing outside correct street entrances without knowing if I'm right or not, the stupid Japanese address system doesn't help either to gain confidence.. ?

I had only heard the name and knew he was trained in Japan. Would definitely be interested in hearing more about his shoes, especially considering the attractive prices.

Considering I would probably not have access to him, @j ingevaldsson has my full support to talk about him on his blog. Although, I may have to rethink that. There's a higher percentage of me getting struck my lightning than me commissioning a pair of Murata's shoes (no thanks to Jesper).

@Bic Pentameter you should work your way over and take a few non-studio shots.

You have to get yourself a pair from Murata soon, you clearly won't sleep wel until you do ?

chifromdachi

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
tempImagekTsV3y.jpg
tempImage9CaIGz.jpg
tempImageawYqP1.jpg
tempImagehAr8UJ.jpg
tempImageMTcy4r.jpg
tempImagew9iry0.jpg
tempImageGRUnMW.jpg
tempImageIEaXOy.jpg
tempImagehfKUIw.jpg
tempImageZqPMDo.jpg
tempImageXYoD6B.jpg
tempImage3QVZ1y.jpg
tempImage7q36JI.jpg
tempImage4fGf58.jpg
tempImageFFYgDP.jpg
tempImageDJTQoU.jpg

Received my parcel from Koji-San to day. Happy days.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my most recent make-up with Santari and Skomaker Dagestad.

Since Atsushi's studio pictures look infinitely better than mines, I took the liberty of using his. Soles are a phone pic.

20210128_013758.jpg
20210128_013818.jpg
20210128_013838.jpg
20210128_013719.jpg
20210128_013736.jpg
20210124_210227.jpg

Overall, I am extremely pleased with how these came out. The pattern, the subtle gimping, and medallion were perfectly executed as I requested. The fit, after adjustments were made to the instep, width, and there was something else which I can't recall, is spot on. I would say the fit is amongst the best MTM I have used.

Due to my very successful results, I would definitely recommend you give Santari a try. Stefan from Shoes of Stefan (formerly of Skomaker Dagestad) was a pleasure to work with and was integral to having these come out as beautifully.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads