• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corno_blu will be at union works Ginza 11/5

MTO GYW Y75,000
MTM HW Y135,000
Bespoke Y240,000-

MTO/MTM 4 months
Bespoke 10 months

Hows that for value....
Steep upcharge for hand welting! Or so it seems to me, anyway. But incredible value on bespoke? I'm not so sure I've ever seen a bespoke CB shoe, though.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steep upcharge for hand welting! Or so it seems to me, anyway. But incredible value on bespoke? I'm not so sure I've ever seen a bespoke CB shoe, though.

Quite a low upcharge for hand welt and modified last, IMO.

Does anyone know how the make of his hand welted is done? The sole stitching is machine-made and looks similar to the Goodyear welted RTW / MTO made by Central shoes, but waist is narrower and likely hand stitched (if not cemented). Wonder if he do the hand welted in-house and has the machines himself, or if the those parts are also made at Central.

Judging by his Instagram, seem to be he machine stitch the soles (front part) of bespoke as well as standard, likely one reason for the good price. But then makes hand stitched outsoles as well, I would assume at an upcharge.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a low upcharge for hand welt and modified last, IMO.

Does anyone know how the make of his hand welted is done? The sole stitching is machine-made and looks similar to the Goodyear welted RTW / MTO made by Central shoes, but waist is narrower and likely hand stitched (if not cemented). Wonder if he do the hand welted in-house and has the machines himself, or if the those parts are also made at Central.

Judging by his Instagram, seem to be he machine stitch the soles (front part) of bespoke as well as standard, likely one reason for the good price. But then makes hand stitched outsoles as well, I would assume at an upcharge.
From where do you have that it's central?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From where do you have that it's central?

I think it was from Central ? But it was several years ago when the RTW was launched, maybe all is done "in-house" nowadays. Would make more sense.

Edit: Apparently Nutcracker also had that info, see this post. And apparently their RTW was started even earlier than I thought, wasn't that long ago as 2013 that I visited them :)

Last edited:

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bolero your favorite you say.. One of mines as well. Two pairs of shoes in. This is the second. No clue where the first ones are, although to be honest it is the same shoe but in dark brown ?.
View attachment 1483330

@Noirkw what's the budget for the shoes?
How did you get the bolero shoes? Did you travel to Japan multiple times (business trips)? For some reason I thought you live in the States

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you get the bolero shoes? Did you travel to Japan multiple times (business trips)? For some reason I thought you live in the States

Definitely live in the states (NY). I was in Japan for a little over a month back in 2018. During that time, I was able to meet with him over at his studio.

I happened to be in London where he held a trunk show for the trial shoe fit (early last year). I received the brown pair like in August I think. The black pair pictured about 7 months after that, so March or so this year.

winghus

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to remember the European online store that sells Joe Works, Alden and several other brands of boot along with their own brand. It seems like it was two words starting with D and M but that may be wrong. They had a couple of Japanese brands of shoe available, IIRC.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to remember the European online store that sells Joe Works, Alden and several other brands of boot along with their own brand. It seems like it was two words starting with D and M but that may be wrong. They had a couple of Japanese brands of shoe available, IIRC.

I know that Skomaker Dagestad has several Japanese brands and Alden but not Joe Works.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that Skomaker Dagestad has several Japanese brands and Alden but not Joe Works.
Yes. They have Miyagi Kogyo, Santari and used to have Clinch. Pretty much projects I ran there. Now that I left I'm excited to see if they will continue with them. I hope they do, as the offering is quite unique. Had lots of cool new models made with Miyagi Kogyo that have been popular.

I don't have stock from Miyagi Kogyo myself, but do group orders and MTOs there. Same with Santari.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads