• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, your message appeared with drool on it lol
Really!?? That's surprising it should have come across with hate in my heart for Jesper. Not only did he ruin it for the rest of us by showcasing this man's talents, which made his list 6 times longer. He also has the unmitigated gall to post a third pair of shoes.

You all might as well call me the Green Goblin because I'm green with envy and Jesper has my face turned demonically ugly with disdain.

deez shoes

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, many parts to be blown away by when looking closely on these.

Hehe mmh, and fourth pair already ordered...

:D
Did you still get new measurements for your 3rd and 4th pairs? I feel like my feet are unexciting for the most part so I'm curious if multiple fittings are still required when you are 4 pairs in for the same maker.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really!?? That's surprising it should have come across with hate in my heart for Jesper. Not only did he ruin it for the rest of us by showcasing this man's talents, which made his list 6 times longer. He also has the unmitigated gall to post a third pair of shoes.

You all might as well call me the Green Goblin because I'm green with envy and Jesper has my face turned demonically ugly with disdain.
I at least make sure you get to look at his ahoes

Did you still get new measurements for your 3rd and 4th pairs? I feel like my feet are unexciting which for the most part so I'm curious if multiple fittings are still required when you are 4 pairs in for the same maker.
No new measurements since the initial order, but make sure to visit him between every new pair (once picked up the shoes there so then easy) so he get to check the fit in person, to be able to assess the small changes needed the best way possible. So he won’t start working on the fourth pair until I have been to Tokyo and seen him with this pair on my feet.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the unintentional (perhaps intentional) porthole window created by the shoe tree.

Screenshot_20200802-154840_Chrome.jpg

I am also grateful the link and pictures are uploaded to a website and not IG or FB. It means I can look at the pictures 😊.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like the unintentional (perhaps intentional) porthole window created by the shoe tree.

View attachment 1434969

I am also grateful the link and pictures are uploaded to a website and not IG or FB. It means I can look at the pictures 😊.
With the personality Eiji is, I don’t think it’s a coincidence..

Told you, I’m making things easy for you! 😊

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superb pair Jesper. I visited Murata-san on Saturday - we discussed how you had not yet got yours - must have been on your doorstep as we spoke!

One thing that is incredible about Main D’Or is the insole - This is an exceptional part of the shoe - any comments Jesper on the insoles?

DEB43E8F-17EA-4AFC-B37A-005F0942126B.jpeg

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Superb pair Jesper. I visited Murata-san on Saturday - we discussed how you had not yet got yours - must have been on your doorstep as we spoke!

One thing that is incredible about Main D’Or is the insole - This is an exceptional part of the shoe - any comments Jesper on the insoles?

View attachment 1435271
Thanks! Yeah UPS as always make things a bit more delayed than they're supposed to :)

I personally like the pelotte and find it comfortable. Know some who don't like it, but they can surely just request the shoes to be made without it. Eiji comes from a tradition where you do it as standard, otherwise it's more common to only do it for people who have feet that "requires" it.

gte872h

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah UPS as always make things a bit more delayed than they're supposed to :)

I personally like the pelotte and find it comfortable. Know some who don't like it, but they can surely just request the shoes to be made without it. Eiji comes from a tradition where you do it as standard, otherwise it's more common to only do it for people who have feet that "requires" it.
Unbelievable shoes Jesper!

Eiji was trained in Japan from what I’ve read. Did he work in orthopedic footwear early on in his career or was his specific teachers involved in orthopedics?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Unbelievable shoes Jesper!

Eiji was trained in Japan from what I’ve read. Did he work in orthopedic footwear early on in his career or was his specific teachers involved in orthopedics?
Big thanks!

He doesn’t have a background in orthopaedic footwear, but the school he comes from has a pretty systematic lastmaking process which has some parts in common with it. You can read more in this article here.

gte872h

Reaction score
Big thanks!

He doesn’t have a background in orthopaedic footwear, but the school he comes from has a pretty systematic lastmaking process which has some parts in common with it. You can read more in this article here.
Thanks Jesper. Yes the Kagami method. I read your Main D’Or articles in the past and just read them again to refresh my memory. Much appreciated!

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got some awesome pictures of the new pair for @shoesforever from Santari. Wow!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.