• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ecwy

Reaction score
Great work. Could you take a better pic of the last? Like much the sole work too & the leather. Another special make up of yours. Congrats.

Thanks for the kind words.

Actually, I don't have the boots with me at the moment as the boot trees are still pending due to Obon break when I was visiting. The boots took more work and time than normal to complete due to the design. If I understood him correctly, it already took him something like 3 days for the step of crimping of the uppers over the vamp. I will take more pics once I finally get them in my grubby hands.

I cannot take any credit for the special-ness of the make up! I only told Kyunai san - Shorter height Chelsea boot with no side seam and leather gussets. He went the extra mile to come out with this beautiful and more difficult design for the side seam. I was really only expecting the usual leather gusset side seam found on most lazyman designs. I am still wondering how the elastic is being attached.

Pic of the last on previous fitting visit, there were some slight adjustments after but I didn't take a pic of the last on the 3rd visit. I was also told there is some excess built in over the vamp and instep area on purpose due to the boot, otherwise it would be difficult to put on the boot.

DSC05148.jpg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words.

Actually, I don't have the boots with me at the moment as the boot trees are still pending due to Obon break when I was visiting. The boots took more work and time than normal to complete due to the design. If I understood him correctly, it already took him something like 3 days for the step of crimping of the uppers over the vamp. I will take more pics once I finally get them in my grubby hands.

I cannot take any credit for the special-ness of the make up! I only told Kyunai san - Shorter height Chelsea boot with no side seam and leather gussets. He went the extra mile to come out with this beautiful and more difficult design for the side seam. I was really only expecting the usual leather gusset side seam found on most lazyman designs. I am still wondering how the elastic is being attached.

Pic of the last on previous fitting visit, there were some slight adjustments after but I didn't take a pic of the last on the 3rd visit. I was also told there is some excess built in over the vamp and instep area on purpose due to the boot, otherwise it would be difficult to put on the boot.

View attachment 1020073
Again, just fantastic. Hope to see more pics of the last profile once you receive them . Danke.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will be in Tokyo four weeks from today. Looking forward to checking out some RTW brands.

D Pick

Reaction score
I live in Okinawa and have been searching for a quality maker / Japanese brand here for the past year to no avail. Do any of you gents know of one?

bamboo

Reaction score
There is one shoe maker from Okinawa (living in Italy. He visits Okinawa may be once a year in summer to take a measurement.
but to be honest, as far as looking at pictures, his shoes look rather primitive....if you want something like shoes mentioned here, it would be very different. You need to fly to bigger cities to get high end shoes.

evangel21

Reaction score
Hi gents. I'm planning a vacation in Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe. I understand Spigola is in Kobe. Thinking whether to do a pair. Any review? Would anyone know of other shoemaker in the other 2 cities? Thanks.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents. I'm planning a vacation in Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe. I understand Spigola is in Kobe. Thinking whether to do a pair. Any review? Would anyone know of other shoemaker in the other 2 cities? Thanks.

Ann Bespoke in Osaka with hints of Foster & Sons, Andante in Kyoto with focus on orthopedic last

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Miyagi Kogyo, not to be confused with Miyagikyo the whisky -), on display at WFG, Ginza. Excellent article on them over at Shoegazing, and now available overseas as per their site. Very fine shoes indeed, well balanced and superbly finished. Was a stripped pair on display in the shop, and the welting work was well constructed. Yen 55,000 ex tax

AC8A08D4-67C5-46AD-93D8-6419F782C6EF.jpeg

EF804442-A330-47AA-859B-98CF8A3B1E52.jpeg

1D7C7A9F-2727-46AA-88D7-E4E38A2C592B.jpeg

26E20C46-E69B-46E0-B484-697DBDECB022.jpeg

Last edited:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife ordered me a pair of Joe Works punched captoe for my upcoming birthday in early October. I can't wait as they look really good on IG. I have kind of a high instep so I'm hoping the V isn't too wide. Will post pictures when I get them in about a month.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife ordered me a pair of Joe Works punched captoe for my upcoming birthday in early October. I can't wait as they look really good on IG. I have kind of a high instep so I'm hoping the V isn't too wide. Will post pictures when I get them in about a month.

Would be bit problematic as Joe Works Last-0 are known for low instep...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads