• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
M X Hiroshi Tsubouchi X Amazon

An interesting project produced by Amazon.co.jp, bringing some of the top Japanese RTW makers and minds together to create some interesting shoes. The shoes are sold exclusively through Amazon.co.jp

Hiroshi Tsubouchi
Plaintoe Derbies in Shinki Cordovan (cognac, navy)
in some ways a Japanese version of 990

more pics (as well as pricing) from this amazon.co.jp link

from M`s Blog

Deedee

Reaction score
Interesting concept. Can you say anything about the construction of the shoes?
The colors are lovely.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Interesting concept. Can you say anything about the construction of the shoes?
The colors are lovely.

Lovely colours indeed!
They`re GYW, looks like 360 reverse welt to me. I think they are made by Miyagi Kogyo, but could be wrong.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Part II of the Amazon Collaboration,( and perhaps even better than the ones above)

Yoshiharu Hasegawa
Monkey Boots in Navy Shinki Cordovan

and another lovely pair

Plaintoe Boots in Black Annonay Calf

Amazon.co.jp link (for more pics)

from M`s Blog

Mean Mr Mustard

Reaction score
Nutcracker, Thanks for posting the link to the Isetan clearance sale a few weeks back. I managed to get there on the Sunday evening -- day 5 of the sale. It was still pretty crowded at that time, though the sales guy told me they had triple the number of customers on Wednesday. I was a bit surprised, Wednesday being a work day and Japan being a country where it's difficult to get away from the office, but he told me lots of guys took the day off work while others drop by when they can during the day and get their shoes shipped to their home address so they don't have to appear at work with shopping bags. Well, so maybe it's not so hard to get out of the office if you really have to. Anyway, there still seemed to be a decent selection of shoes there on the Sunday, at least in my size -- I'm a 9D in Allen Edmonds -- though, as has been mentioned here, even at clearance prices, the shoes weren't cheap. But I did manage to find some blue suede Crockett & Jones boots for ¥35,000. It's a Galway model. While I was in the store debating whether to get them, I tried looking these boots up online but couldn't find anything on them. Finally I decided I probably couldn't go wrong paying that much for C&J and decided to get them. The salesman recommended I try an 8.5 but there weren't any available so he brought back an 8 instead and they seemed to fit fine. Nice looking boots, I thought. I took them for a walk the next day and they were quite comfortable. Here they are. If anyone knows anything about the model, I'd love to hear from you. I assume it must be some made-for-Japan model.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Part II of the Amazon Collaboration,( and perhaps even better than the ones above)

Yoshiharu Hasegawa
Monkey Boots in Navy Shinki Cordovan

]

not crazy about the model itself, but that is some great craftsmanship and some beautiful leather!!

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marquess Round Toes

The left is a bespoke sample. The right was made for a customer.
Visiting Marquess in 9 days. Can't wait to see some beauties for myself.
Seeing these pictures I'm very happy with my choice of toe.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Marquess Round Toes

Interesting demonstration how different camera angles or different focal length can distort a photograph..

On the top picture the toe cap of either shoe looks pretty substantial. But on the bottom picture the caps look considerably smaller.

I wonder, if these Matterhorn insteps Bestetti builds into his shoe are nothing but camera distortions :D.

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Reaction score
Interesting demonstration how different camera angles or different focal length can distort a photograph..

On the top picture the toe cap of either shoe looks pretty substantial. But on the bottom picture the caps look considerably smaller.

I wonder, if these Matterhorn insteps Bestetti builds into his shoe are nothing but camera distortions
biggrin.gif
+1

I have found this to be the case with many shoes, actually. I don't think it's a camera/photography thing, though, it's just to do with viewing angles, in general.

Check out these pics (courtesy of Adam Nohlborg) all showing the same Bestetti Maverick:
http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/924181_548680075220249_1214292511_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xap1/1389676_190591641129858_1723960188_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xap1/1209609_647227335300682_1529931576_n.jpg
http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram.com/b735fc4c632c11e385d60a1aa2973036_8.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpf1/10369358_1391138444508464_1582406121_n.jpg

Last edited:

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

M X Hiroshi Tsubouchi X Amazon

An interesting project produced by Amazon.co.jp, bringing some of the top Japanese RTW makers and minds together to create some interesting shoes. The shoes are sold exclusively through Amazon.co.jp

Hiroshi Tsubouchi
Plaintoe Derbies in Shinki Cordovan (cognac, navy)
in some ways a Japanese version of 990

more pics (as well as pricing) from this amazon.co.jp link

from M`s Blog

Very very good.
Thank you for posting it,
it very very interesting.

Last edited:

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Visiting Marquess in 9 days. Can't wait to see some beauties for myself.

Seeing these pictures I'm very happy with my choice of toe.

Great news Stephan!

Both of the shoes above are made with his `smart round` MARQUESS ROUND style. The chestnut one based his sample last and the chocolate one based on a client`s foot. While the sample is obviously made to look slim and smart, I really like how the `real world` one came out very classic looking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads