• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah something is going on, since yesterday they suspended (temporarily) the service to the UK because of VAT issues.
Has it been reinstated? I'm based in the UK!

mich486

Reaction score
I get this message when clicking on My Account that says from 5th Nov for 2-3 weeks temporarily suspended. Quite a bummer I bought some stuff this past week (not yet at the warehouse) and I clearly wouldn’t have if I knew this. If they remove the ability to mark down I don’t see what’s the point of zen market as it’s slower than buyee these days.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get this message when clicking on My Account that says from 5th Nov for 2-3 weeks temporarily suspended. Quite a bummer I bought some stuff this past week (not yet at the warehouse) and I clearly wouldn’t have if I knew this. If they remove the ability to mark down I don’t see what’s the point of zen market as it’s slower than buyee these days.
I could be wrong but I think it's only for a specific aspect of Zens service.

illiterate

Reaction score
Anybody notice lately they've been using bigger boxes for their packaging? Kinda jacks up the shipping costs.

mich486

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think it's only for a specific aspect of Zens service.

I don’t know for sure as it seems super recent but from this it seems every shipping method

A4E974FD-E07A-4F2E-AED3-7C79416AA55C.jpeg

Hope you right though

qubit

Reaction score
I don’t know for sure as it seems super recent but from this it seems every shipping method

View attachment 1699043
Hope you right though

As Hanto says, ZenExpress is a specific shipping method and just that method is currently suspended for UK. You can see this by using the shipping calculator and changing country from UK to something else, you will see ZenExpress appear/disappear accordingly while other methods remain available.

Recent changes from ZenMarket with zero communication has been annoying though, just as they seemed to have improved after their issues during the pandemic.

mich486

Reaction score
Oh yeah you guys are obviously right! Never heard of this specific service and automatically my brain was reading ZenMarket instead of ZenExpress! I always use FedEx with Zenmarket anyway as it’s lighting fast and cheaper than EMS so no big deal then.

I fear the ability to mark down things has its days numbered though…it’s been good until it lasted. Understandably, I don’t think they’ll want to make too much noise about any change in this regard so i’ll just expect it to be gone from one day to next.

illiterate

Reaction score
For folks who want to try another proxy service, look into Remambo. Website is super plain but I've used it a few times for stuff from Mercari since ZenMarket can't buy from there. I avoid Buyee due to not letting you edit parcel value.

The fee is 500 yen and they let you edit the parcel value before shipping. Their warehouse isn't in a major metro area like Osaka or Tokyo though so expect some packages to take a bit longer than usual to arrive to their warehouse.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For folks who want to try another proxy service, look into Remambo. Website is super plain but I've used it a few times for stuff from Mercari since ZenMarket can't buy from there. I avoid Buyee due to not letting you edit parcel value.

The fee is 500 yen and they let you edit the parcel value before shipping. Their warehouse isn't in a major metro area like Osaka or Tokyo though so expect some packages to take a bit longer than usual to arrive to their warehouse.
That's good to know. Do they provide insurance to cover mark downs. When did you last use them?

illiterate

Reaction score
First time I used them was summer of 2020 to purchase something from Mercari. Then used them to buy something from Beams around Christmas time (ZenMarket is also apparently blocked from Beams). Experience was overall decent. Used them again this past week. Placed an order for something on Sunday, was purchased by them the same day and just arrived at their warehouse early this morning. In terms of insurance, I don't think they do like ZenMarket does.

Also you don't have to "add funds" to your account. You specify the cost of the item and you pay for it via PayPal or credit card. They'll refund you the difference if it ends up being cheaper etc.

bartboycool

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is any other service but Zenmarket that accepts cryptocurrency deposits?

gnu

Reaction score
What’s the turn around time for purchasing after funds are added? I put the funds in a few days ago and it still says ‘awaiting purchase’.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've been a bit slow from the backlog around the holidays. Took about 3 days for one of my purchases to clear.

nets860

Reaction score
which shipping service is everyone using since they don't let you markdown ups/fedex/dhl?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads