• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been a happy camper with zenmarket before and I've always been very happy with their service. However, I've recently noticed that their "purchase execution" time has increased drastically. I've had to wait several days for them to actually buy an item after I've done everything on my side that is required (transfer funds, click "pay" etc). Sometimes, the item in question has sold out during the time it took for zenmarket to try to buy the item.

Just a heads up to everyone. It's been a long time since someone from @zenmarket has actually written anything here so this is more of a PSA.

Anyone else here with the same experience?

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been a happy camper with zenmarket before and I've always been very happy with their service. However, I've recently noticed that their "purchase execution" time has increased drastically. I've had to wait several days for them to actually buy an item after I've done everything on my side that is required (transfer funds, click "pay" etc). Sometimes, the item in question has sold out during the time it took for zenmarket to try to buy the item.

Just a heads up to everyone. It's been a long time since someone from @zenmarket has actually written anything here so this is more of a PSA.

Anyone else here with the same experience?
I've had similar results recently. I have no idea what the Covid situation is in Japan but their service has definitely been impacted.

Seem like ZM is still a forum sponsor, but you are right they haven't posted here in quite some time.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They've still given me great services through the pandemic. I've had 3 or so boxes. Stuff takes a bit more time, but nothing crazy.

Only funy screw up so far was on DHL part. They delivered a Buzz Rickson jacket I bought to the middle of no where, same city name I live in BUT a completely different country.

It was delivered here: My friends and I joked that the villagers took turns wearing the jacket.

1616645684165.png

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still a happy customer here. Yes purchase times are longer but I usually do yjp so it hasn't been a big issue.
I wish they did mercari but oh well.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still a happy customer here. Yes purchase times are longer but I usually do yjp so it hasn't been a big issue.
I wish they did mercari but oh well.
Agree with Mercari. But the ability to mark down parcels more than makes up for it.

Have had some slow purchases too, partly because they had not used the site before so wanted to confirm it was legit, but their packing has got a lot quicker recently. Running at about 2 days now, rather than 10+ earlier in the year.

Have bought about 14 parcels in the past 12 months or so with no real complaints.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could get some support, as I keep getting canned responses. Ive been a long time customer, understanding that rules have changed during covid. I purchased a pair of boots and was told that surface mail was the only option as it required "footwear" invoice (I think this happened around 09/20). I ordered a pair of sneakers 11/20 and was able to ship DHL no questions asked. Now I'm trying to ship the sneakers via DHL and the agents are saying the only option is surface, otherwise I require a footwear invoice. I don't understand why the rules are still changing, my understanding is that there is some risk shipping as DHL but this is likely larger commercial shipments or higher dollar orders, and it doesnt make sense considering I just had footwear shipped no questions asked. Please message my account so we can resolve this issue- thanks!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could get some support, as I keep getting canned responses. Ive been a long time customer, understanding that rules have changed during covid. I purchased a pair of boots and was told that surface mail was the only option as it required "footwear" invoice (I think this happened around 09/20). I ordered a pair of sneakers 11/20 and was able to ship DHL no questions asked. Now I'm trying to ship the sneakers via DHL and the agents are saying the only option is surface, otherwise I require a footwear invoice. I don't understand why the rules are still changing, my understanding is that there is some risk shipping as DHL but this is likely larger commercial shipments or higher dollar orders, and it doesnt make sense considering I just had footwear shipped no questions asked. Please message my account so we can resolve this issue- thanks!

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, ZenMarket seems to have stopped answering questions on SF, so I don't think you'll get a response from them here. I hope I am wrong though.

Generally, I think the quality of the customer service and all around speed of ZM has gone down quite a bit over the last year.

Edit: looking at the zenmarket user profile it seems as though they were last logged on here on the 2nd of September last year... ?‍♂️

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its annoying because in september i did surface which took 3+ months, and right after i did dhl which shipped as normal. Had I'd of known, I couldve ordered elsewhere rather than using zenmarket

qubit

Reaction score
Yeah, I‘m finding Zenmarket pretty poor all round recently which is a shame. Purchasing, packing and responses are very slow and yet they still claim in their FAQs to have the same service as years ago! Responses are misleading and appear designed to cover up internal problems (warehouse relocation was the latest excuse). I’m also sceptical that the unavailability of some shipping options are still valid. For example, I’m pretty sure we‘ve had family ship stuff to us via SAL in the last few months. All that said, the service is working and I’m still not sure of a proxy that has the same mix of features and ease of setting package values.

Where are you shipping to @Fycus? I’ve been using FedEx from Zenmarket and for shipping out my own stuff. They seem to be barely affected by pandemic so if that’s an option that’s what I’d choose. Footwear invoice??? What in earth is that?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For footwear, anything other than ocean mail they tell me I need a footwear invoice or else the item will get sent back to them. I don't know if this is actually true considering I just shipped shoes 3 months ago. The invoice is basically a form you fill out to declare the materials and make. No biggie right? Well I guess you have to send the invoice to the carrier directly, but zen market doesn't explain how, so basically you're stuck with ocean only otherwise you get stuck in an endless customer support loop of canned messages about requiring surface mail for footwear

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the 7 Holes I got them shipped via Fedex with Zenmarket. No issues and took 4 days to UK with no fees. If that helps @Fycus?

qubit

Reaction score
For footwear, anything other than ocean mail they tell me I need a footwear invoice or else the item will get sent back to them. I don't know if this is actually true considering I just shipped shoes 3 months ago. The invoice is basically a form you fill out to declare the materials and make. No biggie right? Well I guess you have to send the invoice to the carrier directly, but zen market doesn't explain how, so basically you're stuck with ocean only otherwise you get stuck in an endless customer support loop of canned messages about requiring surface mail for footwear

This makes no sense. I’ve just had a package containing 2 pairs of footwear shipped via Fedex without issue. Just created the package and selected shipping method as usual.

What they’re saying seems to suggest there’s an export/import issue at play which would be independent of the shipping method selected.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that you’re shipping to a commercial address and DHL are insisting on a commercial invoice. They really shouldn’t do that though. ?‍♂️

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a residential address, the shoes are less than 300 USD, and I've shipped dhl before no issues. They gave me the same hard time when I tried to ship fedex before, asking me to fill out a form and send it to FedEx(but couldn't tell me who to send to at FedEx)

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this surface shipping referenced? Is it a carrier like EMS? Or is it a method of shipping through a carrier like FedEx?

What is the highest value you can list for international shipping with no customs taxes/fees? Thanks in advance.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surface mail is ocean freight, it's the most affordable but takes minimum 90 days to get your stuff.

As far as customs and duties, I think anything in excess of 800 usd will be subject to duties, so best to mark down below if possible

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics