• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad first (and last) experience with ZenMarket - a first order code that didn’t work, prices altered after funds added, no response to messages, long wait times to pack, shipping charges twice the estimated price for the weights they provided (and as much as I pay for a package 4x the weight from Buyee). I'm just going to pay what they're asking so that I never have to deal with them again.

Just my experience, of course. I hope you have better!

flowcharts

Reaction score
The blog post linked on the last page painted a pretty clear picture of how much COVID has impacted their business and that they're trying their best. Instead of complaining, try to understand that this pandemic's created a pretty unprecedented situation. They (and all the other impacted businesses) are trying their hardest to adapt & continue to operate. Be patient.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My item has shipped after two weeks and will take roughly 3 days to arrive via DHL to US east coast.

bleeh

Reaction score
Has anybody had something packed recently? Put in a request on June 22 and still waiting so I was hoping to get a better sense of how long it would take

Just in case there’s anybody else waiting like me, I put in a request June 22, item was packed July 6, shipped July 7, and should be delivered tomorrow or the day after via DHL. The fee estimator provided an accurate estimate for what I ended up paying ($25 vs 2600 yen).

yunBW

Reaction score
Hi,

First timer, I found something I want to purchase from a Japanese retailer. They do offer shipping worldwide, but they charge tax (10%), shipping (understandable) and PayPal fees. I wonder if it’s normal buying from a Japanese retailer and would it be cheaper to use zenmarket instead?

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

First timer, I found something I want to purchase from a Japanese retailer. They do offer shipping worldwide, but they charge tax (10%), shipping (understandable) and PayPal fees. I wonder if it’s normal buying from a Japanese retailer and would it be cheaper to use zenmarket instead?
if they offer I would just do the worldwide shipping from the retailer.
If it's cheap goods, the tax/fees wouldn't add up to too much and if it's expensive goods I wouldn't want to hold my breath on the delayed zenmarket packing/sending and I doubt you'd touch your purchase in the next 3 months lol

flowcharts

Reaction score
You've gotta drop your agenda. What are you basing that 3 months figure on?

As a data point for anyone considering ordering -- my package took about a week longer than average, and that's the first time I've seen a delay of more than a day in 5 years.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've gotta drop your agenda. What are you basing that 3 months figure on?

As a data point for anyone considering ordering -- my package took about a week longer than average, and that's the first time I've seen a delay of more than a day in 5 years.
there's no agenda. If retailer offers worldwide shipping, 99% of the time it will be better than using a proxy. Nothing against Zenmarket, that's just how it is when you remove a layer between you and the seller

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My last package arrived in like three days and I appreciate Zenmarket increasing the storage days for some of my items

zenmarket

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All!
Our sincere apologies for the recent lack of posts in the forum as of late, the SNS/Marketing team has been extremely busy supporting other departments within ZenMarket during these difficult times.

As some of you may already know, COVID created somewhat of a domino effect that has not only caused delays for international shipping services we partner with, but also led to us having processing delays in our warehouses.
We are really sorry for any of you that have faced any delays with us lately.

Thankfully we have good news!
All parcels that are currently facing processing delays will be taken care of and processed by the 31st of July. This means you can expect us to return to normal operations within the first week of August.

If you would like more details about the delays and the measures we are taking to eliminate delays and improve our internal processing times, you can check out the new blog we recently posted for all the details.

Again, the team here is very sorry for any delays that may have been experienced during this time, but we are happy to announce that they will be coming to an end shortly.

Thank you to all of you that have been patient with us!

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anybody in Canada was wondering about shipping times: I opted to go with EMS for shipping (since I didn't trust DHL or FedEx to not ding me taxes and duties) expecting it to take up to two months, and my package took about three and a half weeks. Given the current situation, I thought the turnaround was decent!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying this out tonight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads