1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Japanese Japanese vs American Japanese

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JoMak_NYC, Aug 16, 2006.

1. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

So I take it Japanese denim is the shiznit. [​IMG] Does it matter where it's actaully made though? Like who's (country wise) the best at it. Or as long as it's Japanese materials the heart starts beating?

2. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

I think it's a combination of both. Good construction with attention to detail and high quality denim. With the detail and construction probably being favored, since japanese denim can vary (selvage, nonselvage, cotton type, etc)
    And you never hear anyone complain of the crappy quality of japanese repros. Although the sizing thing may be a different story.

3. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

What I found interesting was the fact that one of these repro companies (can't remember which one) uses cotton from the States to make their denim. That threw me for a loop.

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

sugar cane uses a usa and zimbabwe blend... 60/40 i think for the 47s. california, zimbabwe, and tangis for the 45s.

5. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

i know fullcount and 45 rpm uses zimbabwe cotton also.

6. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

Is there a NikeID-like site for denim? [​IMG]

7. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

when you're talking about japanese denim- you're usually referring to where the denim is actually made on looms- not where the cotton is coming from.