• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese hoodies

torominska

Reaction score
I'm looking for a a fitted hoodie with no silly prints or embroidery.

I really like the Mr. Olives on Atsui. What other brands of nice Japanese hoodies are there besides the ones on Atsui (Mr. Olive and MofM)? Is it available online in the States?

Thanks

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Engineered Garments, Loopwheeler (hard to find)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd really call EG 'fitted'. You could probably size down to get a fitted look though.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would highly recommend getting a Mr. Olive hoodie when you see a style you like. The quality and details are amazing.

Loopwheeler is great as well, I just purchased one for myself on my last trip. It is sold at Ships and Beams which you may be able to get through Rakuten.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance Atsui getting LW stuff in the near future? I know there was a thread started on what we wanted Atsui to carry....

LW is nice. Need to get a black hoodie.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B.Son although not japanese.....

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Any chance Atsui getting LW stuff in the near future? I know there was a thread started on what we wanted Atsui to carry....

LW is nice. Need to get a black hoodie.

Possibly distant future. I met with them, but it is a very traditional Japanese company and we will need to build a relationship for a while before any possibilities. In the mean time....proxy.

One thing I did learn about Loopwheeler, heather gray and white is softer than other colors. All others are dyed and technically "cooked" which causes them to be not quite as soft. Other colors are good, but I would recommend heather gray or white. You can only tell the difference if you have both side by side, but the difference is pretty substantial.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics