1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Japanese Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raley, Mar 29, 2006.

1. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

i dunno in the shipping info area they say they ship inside Japan only.
    But they do carry Loopwheeler stuff which was interesting.

2. procket

procket New Member

$66 japanese selvage denim (40% off)
    I don't know about shipping from that store, but I put one of those in my shopping basket and tried to check out (for fun) and I can choose country, so I dunno. Worth a try for someone maybe. I'd give it a shot if I wasn't broke. [​IMG]

Those are jeans looks nice wonder what the quality is like.

3. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

they're loopwheeler, aren't they? which means they're probably top-notch

EDIT: okay i've just been informed they probably aren't LW. thanks, digital_denim

4. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

wow, a jomon repro? [​IMG]

what do you think about kapital?

I would really like to see some Kapital in the flesh. I've only glanced at their catalog.

I've heard its another company founded by ex 45rpm.

http://www.kapital.jp/

5. kronik

kronik Senior member

Any Sugarcanes (or other fantastic Japanese brands) with a fit similar to a RB1 or a RB6?

Looking for a fuller cut as.. let's face it, Japanese people don't have black man's ass, whereas I do. [​IMG]

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Any Sugarcanes (or other fantastic Japanese brands) with a fit similar to a RB1 or a RB6?

Looking for a fuller cut as.. let's face it, Japanese people don't have black man's ass, whereas I do. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have an RB6, Kronik? How is the fit? True to size?

7. kronik

kronik Senior member

Snug on me, tightest jeans I've ever owned actually.. but probably relaxed for a lot of people on this forum. I have large thighs and a large ass, hence a large seat measurement.

8. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

kronik, Sugarcanes are cut very generously in the seat and thighs, you might want to try them!

9. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

There seem to be two different versions of PBJ XX-003, one with a pink selvedge line and one with a blue selvedge line.

Does anyone know anything about this?

If you have these jeans, which color line do you have, where did you buy them, and were they bought dry or one-wash?

10. jet

jet Senior member

I don't have a large azz or thighs like kronik but what jeans fit like the rb1 and RRDS boys? I like mid-rise and slight bootcut.

11. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

There seem to be two different versions of PBJ XX-003, one with a pink selvedge line and one with a blue selvedge line.

Does anyone know anything about this?

If you have these jeans, which color line do you have, where did you buy them, and were they bought dry or one-wash?

I remember the initial ones coldrice was buying had pink selvage. Then later on, I guess in the next batch, they were blue. AFAIK...

12. chipopo

chipopo Member

It seems PBJ switched to blue selvedge in all their new lines / production batches. I think my xx-003 were from the first batch that had the blue selvedge. Maybe PBJ wanted a color that goes along with their name.

I remember one of D'artisan models used the exact selvedge fabric used by PBJ and had the same pink selvedge line. Maybe PBJ wanted to differentiate?

13. ragcondesk

ragcondesk Well-Known Member

i love the PPRS jeans

14. Noverre

Noverre Member

Here is an image of the 103 from Lightning Denim Indigo Master Magazine:

[​IMG]

I have been wearing Sd103's daily for the past nine months and the fade is a beautiful inky blue. They are a low waist and described as a slim fit but they're not that slim really.

Sorry its upside down. You can get lightning magazine at superdenim.co.uk now

15. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

I have a pair of SD-103's in my closet collecting dust, what's the opinion on the fly pulling so you can see the edge of a few buttons while wearing them?

I had a few people comment that it looks like my flys open so I stopped wearing them, I'd sure like to go back to them [​IMG]

16. Noverre

Noverre Member

I dont suffer from that problem. Either way I think they are an awesome jeans with a great reputation. Dust them down and wear them again!

17. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Does anyone have experience with ASOS japanese denim?

18. Gentry

Gentry Active Member

Does anyone have experience with ASOS japanese denim?

Not bought any of it but it kinda seems like they are just jumping on the "japanese denim" bandwagon. I vaguely remember seeing the price at about £50-60?? but as most people on here will say, just pay slightly more and you'll know what you're getting.

19. Daaj

Daaj Member

Not bought any of it but it kinda seems like they are just jumping on the "japanese denim" bandwagon. I vaguely remember seeing the price at about £50-60?? but as most people on here will say, just pay slightly more and you'll know what you're getting.

Just some quick thoughts, I owned quite a few pairs of cheap denim in my life time and some that I now feel i paid to much for. Few years ago one of my best friends tuned me into Japanese denim... I went out and purchased some samurai S634XX II Ltd and I've never looked back and wore them as often as I could. It does take some getting use to wearing dry denim, but it has been well worth the wear and the wait. To see some good lines and the story of my own denim wear. When it comes down to it the quality is well worth the money. I'm now working on my second pair of Sugarcanes. You get what you pay for.

20. Islander

Islander Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with how Eternal 811s fit relative to say, APC Rescues? I compared the actual measurements from my 33 Rescues to the size 34 and 36 Eternal 811 numbers posted on BiG's website and they are pretty similar with the exception of the waist, which has stretched in my APCs. I would like to achieve a 36" waist... will the 34 Eternals stretch in the waist at all or should I size up to the 36?