• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Denim

denimaddict

Reaction score
Man, if any of my dry jeans turn out like that in 10 years, I would be so proud of them. Still an ugly wash though.

minya

Reaction score
just thought I'd update: I know I've posted before that I prefer the denim on the Eternal 811 to the Studio D'Artisan SD-103... well, I think I'm going to change my mind. I've been wearing my SD-103s for almost 4 months straight now (2 washes) and they are really becoming beautiful. They're fading slowly but surely, and the color is almost gradient-like, especially in sunlight. There's a deep, rich, amazingly blue ocean blue-indigo color starting to shine through. It's hard to describe. Anyway, I just thought I'd add that the SDA jeans are amazing in every way. That's all.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. If I'm a 34x32 true size, what size AI-001's should I get (crossing my fingers that I'm able).

Also: why are all you guys so skinny? It blows my mind. I'm in excellent shape and I'm still a 34" (5"11, 170lbs). Crazy small people...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I'm confused. If I'm a 34x32 true size, what size AI-001's should I get (crossing my fingers that I'm able).

Also: why are all you guys so skinny? It blows my mind. I'm in excellent shape and I'm still a 34" (5"11, 170lbs). Crazy small people...

They say the cut is similar to the XX-003, so maybe the measurements are close too? That's kinda what I was going by.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/syouaiya-xx003/

Tho... that may not be the best guide. For example, a 32 waist is listed as 83cm on the XX-003, 81 cm on the XX-004, and 80cm on the 1000-2 (pre-washed). Go figure...

BTW, I'm 6" and 175-180 and I normally wear 32 or 33 depending on the brand.

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover

We are starving... please send us money for den- I mean, food... starving...

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i'd go with your true size in the ai-001's, i'm a 32, the 32s were crushing my hips at first, but in a day or two they're just fine- remember they're not going to shrink anymore they're one wash and tumble dried

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
We are starving... please send us money for den- I mean, food... starving...

Don't worry jonglover, I am a 34 too, being 5'10 at 180. I think you saying that you are in good shape may be just it.

Geowu

Reaction score
hip size differs between people, I'm 5'10, 160 lbs and my waist is 33 or 34.

Geowu

Reaction score
minya, my SDA seem to be in a similar condition as yours. one month more and same number of washes. I like their color too... some parts are really dark (I think SDA are one of the darkest aren't they...) and some lighter areas in between, that artic blue tone is nice.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
just thought I'd update:

I know I've posted before that I prefer the denim on the Eternal 811 to the Studio D'Artisan SD-103... well, I think I'm going to change my mind.

I've been wearing my SD-103s for almost 4 months straight now (2 washes) and they are really becoming beautiful.

They're fading slowly but surely, and the color is almost gradient-like, especially in sunlight. There's a deep, rich, amazingly blue ocean blue-indigo color starting to shine through. It's hard to describe.

Anyway, I just thought I'd add that the SDA jeans are amazing in every way. That's all.

I went through the same experience, i just looked at them one day and I was amazed by them. They're super soft too now.

Now that my baby's all grown up, i have to wear in my new fullcounts!

daytrader

Reaction score
Had a question for someone who has seen both of 45rpm's Aihiko's and Jomon's. Is there any difference besides the cut between the Aihiko's and Jomon's? Do the Aihiko's have the same deep color and streakiness as the Jomons? Thanks

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
Don't worry jonglover, I am a 34 too, being 5'10 at 180. I think you saying that you are in good shape may be just it.
There is also an issue of body type. I am 5'10" and fairly ectomorphic. If I were in good shape (I am not), I'd still have an extremely low bodyfat percentage and likely wear a 32 at 180lbs. An endomorphic guy in good shape would very possibly wear a 34 at the same weight and height.

daytrader

Reaction score
I one-upped on the pbj ai-001's and got a 36. I'm a true size 34. I heard they run a little slim. I like a looser fit. (not baggy though) Will let you guys know how they fit when I receive them from coldrice.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daytrader
I one-upped on the pbj ai-001's and got a 36. I'm a true size 34. I heard they run a little slim. I like a looser fit. (not baggy though) Will let you guys know how they fit when I receive them from coldrice.

Seems like a lot of people have ordered the ai-001's, has anyone posted pics of themselves wearing them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads