• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

japanese brands in ft lauderdale, miami?

kitonotik

Reaction score
Just wondering where I might be able to find sugarcane, flathead, or samurai in Florida within 150 miles of the above places.thanks.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No where that I know of man, on line shopping is your best bet, get with the program. I get all my Japanese goods from our local sponsor Atsui aka BlueOwl or via direct proxy service from Japan. I've also ordered items from BIG in NY. There are two Barneys CO-OPs in Miami now, so if you want to check out other brands besides the ones you mentioned you can swing by the North Miami location at Aventura Mall or head further south on I95 to South Beach where the other store is located. I have never been to either since they don't stock the brands I like.

kitonotik

Reaction score
Rocks thanks for the reply dude...I know the online stores that carry them, the only problem is I've never bought either brand so wanted to walk in and talk to someone that knows the item first hand, how much it will shrink, how much dye will be lost, etc...BTW, how do I go about ordering via direct proxy from Japan? I'll be in NY in Aug and plan to visit BiG to get an idea of the fits and talk with them about the right size to buy...I wear 36 in Nudie across the board so not sure how I would buy these jeans since most people say to go up to a 38 since they'll shrink on the first soak but the problem is most Japanese brands stop at 36...see my conundrum?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hit the selfedge thread or email kiya from there. he'll get you hooked up.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proxy might not be a good alternative then, just wait until you get to NY to try stuff on at BIG. Japanese clothing are on the smaller side, I can recall having a pair of Nudie denim a few years ago and 28 was still big on me. So you definitely wear a much bigger size than I do. Have no fear though you will find a brand you like at BIG that accommodates your dimensions.

kitonotik

Reaction score
Superb mlyngrad,
I have looked at the site before but the google translation is not that good. Mind if I hit you up with PM on how to go about ordering sometime?

Guillo

Reaction score
Hello!
I lived in Miami for several years and, while you can find some Japanese-like clothing, if you are looking for specific brands you will have a hard time finding any store that carries them.
I agree that ordering online is your best bet, search for shops in New York and you might even find some that ship for free. Make sure they have a good return policy in case you miss the proper size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads