• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pre-orderd a pair of Caspers from Tempo, should arrive in Sept/Oct. Did you try emailing RDT about the Gleaner?

I've reached out to RDT via Instagram and email re sizing and the possibility of a half-size makeup, but haven't heard anything back .

RuffyD

Reaction score
I actually found tempo to be more helpful with sizing and ordering. Not sure if it was because of the language barrier, but they never got back to me about specific styles I was interested in.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve found tempo to be unresponsive to email inquiries

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Trying to choose between one of these:

lofgren.jpg

attractions.jpg

Is the .5 down from brannock sizing for the Lofgren's typically on point? I wear a 9.5D usually and a 9E in Wesco.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to choose between one of these:

View attachment 1624425

View attachment 1624426

Is the .5 down from brannock sizing for the Lofgren's typically on point? I wear a 9.5D usually and a 9E in Wesco.
Lofgren engineers run .5 above viberg 2030 for me. Natural CXL seems to stretch more so you might be able to get away with same size if length isn't too much an issue

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Attractions Lot 444 just came in. Think I snagged the last pair of 9D they had. The grain on these is very noticeable and intense. Unfortunately, there looks to be some kind of weird indentations in one spot but its not too noticeable. Overall, I'm loving them.

The only thing I'll probably have changed is the top strap length which is too short for me to adjust as I like it. I feel the shaft of the boot hit my calf every time I walk in the Attractions which doesn't happen with my Wescos and will take some getting used to.

20210619_131137.jpg

20210619_131142.jpg

20210619_131149.jpg

20210619_132115.jpg

20210619_132147.jpg

20210619_132243.jpg

Attachments

• 20210619_131220.jpg
    20210619_131220.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Goliath123

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing with the shaft of my attractions hitting / rubbing the back of my calfs. Im quite skinny so I have some space in the shaft. After the first 7 to 8 wears however it seems to of lessened as the shaft starts to collapse and break down with the boots themselves breaking in. Unless you know a fantastic cobbler I wouldn't have the top strap changed unless it keeps persisting months in advance.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing with the shaft of my attractions hitting / rubbing the back of my calfs. Im quite skinny so I have some space in the shaft. After the first 7 to 8 wears however it seems to of lessened as the shaft starts to collapse and break down with the boots themselves breaking in. Unless you know a fantastic cobbler I wouldn't have the top strap changed unless it keeps persisting months in advance.

Ok, I'll probably wait for a while then. Thanks for the info.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Addict boots?

addict.jpg

jmiller123

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I've been looking at getting a pair of Lofgren combats and donkey punchers. I'm a 8.5D. I've been seeing conflicting sizing info around the web but I think I would need an 8 in the combats, and 7.5 in the punchers. Does this seem correct?

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I've been looking at getting a pair of Lofgren combats and donkey punchers. I'm a 8.5D. I've been seeing conflicting sizing info around the web but I think I would need an 8 in the combats, and 7.5 in the punchers. Does this seem correct?

This is mostly true, depends on the shape of your foot and how wide your feet are.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1636203
I have one of their jackets which I really like. I have been really wanting to find someone who has tried their boots and ask their thoughts, the blue boots look very nice

Drextech

Reaction score

View attachment 1636203

i only wear a jacket which is very nice and fits great.
For the boots you can ask Thomas of stufffinegoods. He sells and wears them and his sizing advice was always correct for Trumans, Lofgrens, Clinch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads