• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

Goliath123

Reaction score
Must have hit one of the nails that secures the heel block. Do it all the time as a cobbler myslelf

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Gratuitous shot featuring Lofgren olive combats. They are possibly my closet favorite or certainly the most comfortable. Freenote Lambert stripe shirt and Oni 20oz secret denim
C3EC6FDE-ADF0-4328-96E1-01D009DBBC09.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore mine yesterday too. For sure one of my favorites. They are absolutely stunning. Spent the day hiking with my toddler.

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_160024122_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201004_160024122_HDR.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 151

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! I am looking at the Lofgren M43 boots myself. I like Clinch's construction, however for the price of the Yaeger I can get multiple Lofgren :)

Additionally I am looking at the Jodphur though that heel is too high IMO +5mm more than the Clinch engineers. They'd be a cool boot with a lower heel IMO.

Any others similar to it? (off Japanese boot topic: RM Williams Stockman...)

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Nice! I am looking at the Lofgren M43 boots myself. I like Clinch's construction, however for the price of the Yaeger I can get multiple Lofgren :)

Additionally I am looking at the Jodphur though that heel is too high IMO +5mm more than the Clinch engineers. They'd be a cool boot with a lower heel IMO.

The Lofgren M-43s are like slippers. So comfortable and they look great too. I love them.

Dugafola

Reaction score
Quick question for Rolling Dub Trio owners, how is sizing vs Viberg and Alden (Barrie/Trubalance)? Thanks!

another data point for ya...i'd say they compare well to viberg 2030/110 and alden trublance...but probably on the roomier side of that spectrum. i tried to get good data on how to size my recent Coupens and ended up with a size way too large. the bad thing was that i had the iScan of my foot from a red wing store and the size that RDT recommended based on that scan is a full 2 or 3 complete sizes larger than what is a perfect fit for me.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another data point for ya...i'd say they compare well to viberg 2030/110 and alden trublance...but probably on the roomier side of that spectrum. i tried to get good data on how to size my recent Coupens and ended up with a size way too large. the bad thing was that i had the iScan of my foot from a red wing store and the size that RDT recommended based on that scan is a full 2 or 3 complete sizes larger than what is a perfect fit for me.

good info. So if I’m Viberg 11, take 11 in RDT?

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
I know this isn't a B/S/T thread, but I have a pair of 7D Lofgren x S&S Shadow Shell Combat Boots I'm looking to move. Unfortunately they're a half size too small for me and have not budged a millimeter in the toe box. Album here. Retailed $1375, looking for $1200 shipped.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these are almost fully broken in with the short walks I've been doing in them since I don't get outside too much these days. They keep getting better with each wear.
IMG_4935.jpg

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score

I just ordered a Jodhpur from Joe Works. You might want to check them out. I also agree on the Clinch Jodhpurs, that heel looks out of proportion to the boot. On the other hand, I happen to be wearing these from Clinch. I don't wear them that much and they have already started to develop the roll and flatness.

DaveB

Clinch.jpg

Markfisher702

Reaction score
I just ordered a Jodhpur from Joe Works. You might want to check them out. I also agree on the Clinch Jodhpurs, that heel looks out of proportion to the boot. On the other hand, I happen to be wearing these from Clinch. I don't wear them that much and they have already started to develop the roll and flatness.

DaveB

View attachment 1479174
Beautiful boots

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads