• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
@Markfisher702 Are you a brannock 12? I've debated of trying the Donkey Punchers a full size down or half size, but was never quite sure. The DP is still one of my favorite LTT patterns over any of the PNW makers by far. Those naturals are going to look amazing!
Yeah. The natural punchers were / are my grail boot. They were the first Lofgren that just knocked my socks off when I saw them. I owned a pair before that were too small (length) and tried to make it work but eventually, I faced reality and flipped them then ordered bigger.

I’m a US Brannock 12B. I owned DP 10s that were correct in width but made steady contact between my big toe and the front of the toe box under weight when walking. I couldn’t endure this. The 10.5s, just standing in them unlaced, were better obviously but I still felt my big toe grazing. My 11s were / are the correct length but too wide for my “B” feet. I cannot give up these boots so the proper fit is achieved with thick socks and the thinnest Dr. Scholes air foam insoles.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. The natural punchers were / are my grail boot. They were the first Lofgren that just knocked my socks off when I saw them. I owned a pair before that were too small (length) and tried to make it work but eventually, I faced reality and flipped them then ordered bigger.

I’m a US Brannock 12B. I owned DP 10s that were correct in width but made steady contact between my big toe and the front of the toe box under weight when walking. I couldn’t endure this. The 10.5s, just standing in them unlaced, were better obviously but I still felt my big toe grazing. My 11s were / are the correct length but too wide for my “B” feet. I cannot give up these boots so the proper fit is achieved with thick socks and the thinnest Dr. Scholes air foam insoles.

Thanks thats good to know! Its definitely on my list of boots to get in the future once I can get through some these other pre-orders I have on deck haha.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still need to get some Donkey Punchers. The natural seem to be the way to go with these.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Today. Lofgren 10th anniversary horsehide M-43s under Orslow slim fit fatigues.
309C9DF7-0203-4687-91B5-1F819F2FC8B1.jpeg

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Almost virgin donkey punchers on their way to Patinaville.....under Iron Heart 18oz vintage denim.
8C518DAB-83CB-4D95-8B24-5FCF3AD635FE.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! You are winning the JL game.

mitchmurr62

Reaction score
Possible Moto Shoe/Boot excitement!
I fell in love with Moto shoe/boot style a couple of years ago but, alas, they only go up to 10.5 (they call it Size 3...28cm) & I'm 11-11.25 (29cm, would be Size 4). I've constantly e-mailed them & IG commented that they should make a Size 4. They've either ignored my e-mails & comments or written back saying "We don't make Size 4." I even went to their Tokyo/Shibuya store to squeeze my too large feet into their shoes & asked them to please please make Size 4. They gave me a smile & said "sorry but we don't make Size 4."
Well, after another round of e-mails & IG comments I received a response from them today saying "We are just thinking to make bigger size (size 4) in the future. Not yet..."
Holy moly, 'm very excited at this glimmer of hope.
Anyone else out there waiting for them to make a Size 4 or larger?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possible Moto Shoe/Boot excitement!
I fell in love with Moto shoe/boot style a couple of years ago but, alas, they only go up to 10.5 (they call it Size 3...28cm) & I'm 11-11.25 (29cm, would be Size 4). I've constantly e-mailed them & IG commented that they should make a Size 4. They've either ignored my e-mails & comments or written back saying "We don't make Size 4." I even went to their Tokyo/Shibuya store to squeeze my too large feet into their shoes & asked them to please please make Size 4. They gave me a smile & said "sorry but we don't make Size 4."
Well, after another round of e-mails & IG comments I received a response from them today saying "We are just thinking to make bigger size (size 4) in the future. Not yet..."
Holy moly, 'm very excited at this glimmer of hope.
Anyone else out there waiting for them to make a Size 4 or larger?

I am very interested in this as I reached out to them before, but like you I was ignored.

Please report back!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purists look away. I had an accident involving a can of sardines/oil last week on my M-43 natural CXL boots.

I tried a few ways of getting the stain out but the natural rough-out was not having it (see the shoe care thread). After a few attempts I ended up just oiling them all over. They now look like they are two years old so I gave them some fake patina.

IMG_20200629_103241620.jpg
IMG_20200629_104247253.jpg

Here are some 2-3 year old boots
XYZ3.jpg

Last edited:

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Purists look away. I had an accident involving a can or sardines/oil last week on my M-43 natural CXL boots.

I tried a few ways of getting the stain out but the natural rough-out was not having it (see the shoe care thread). After a few attempts I ended up just oiling them all over. They now look like they are two years old so I gave them some fake patina.

View attachment 1415198 View attachment 1415199

Here are some 2-3 year old boots
View attachment 1415200
They look fine / great. Keep on wearing them ??

mitchmurr62

Reaction score
I am very interested in this as I reached out to them before, but like you I was ignored.

Please report back!
They further followed up with me saying once the COVID situation passed they would look to do Size 4 in some of their shoes & boots. Sounds like not til 2021.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads