• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of rogue 11s still in play here:

Yeah, thanks. I think I'm booted out for now and I have my custom horse butt coming but I appreciate the looking out.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks. I think I'm booted out for now and I have my custom horse butt coming but I appreciate the looking out.
What's the turnaround time for those MTO Lofgrens?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the turnaround time for those MTO Lofgrens?

He said August, so about 3 months. I know there is only one guy who hand sews all of the engineer boots so I guess he gets to it when he gets to it.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Very cool. I have been wearing mine to hike in the wood, go to the park, shopping, and every day activities. I think I have about 15-20 mines on them so far. Still breaking in but starting to get some patina (mainly from denim color transfer). Once I'm happy with that, I'll move on to the Olive. I also have two pairs of White's boots incoming so I have my work set out for me.
Fresh delivery from the UK. Extra virgin olive oil. Break in pending.

Attachments

• 1408D548-4251-496A-90DB-6AC373138130.jpeg
    1408D548-4251-496A-90DB-6AC373138130.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 153

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Those are fantastic!

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Well....this week was a John Lofgren delivery bonanza week for me.

I’ve anxiously waited since January for pre-ordered natural Donkey Punchers and burgundy Steadfast Chukkas. Both are slightly off the center line on size.....punchers wide/long and chukkas narrow so I was concerned about size. For reference, I’m snug comfy in sz11 Combats and a little less snug but comfy in sz11 M-43s.

Both arrived this week. I was luckily able to pile on extra punchers in 10.5 on top of the 11s to try both and return one. S&S / Mari was confident I’d love the 11s and she was right. She also strongly recommended I go for the chukkas in 11.5. I was skeptical but damn if she didn’t nail it. They’re perfect.

2 for 2

I found the size reputations to be correct. The punchers are wide and long. The 10.5s were great in width but just a hair short for me. The 11s work well in thick socks and gave me big toe room.

The chukkas are noticeably narrow. The 11.5s were immediately snug / comfy before lacing and there’s really no extra room.

These boots are beautiful.

5480D8F3-6B00-480A-923F-ACF23D9D30F6.jpeg
1021190B-D2F9-4B5A-B015-7FA8DFE4E789.jpeg

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well....this week was a John Lofgren delivery bonanza week for me.

I’ve anxiously waited since January for pre-ordered natural Donkey Punchers and burgundy Steadfast Chukkas. Both are slightly off the center line on size.....punchers wide/long and chukkas narrow so I was concerned about size. For reference, I’m snug comfy in sz11 Combats and a little less snug but comfy in sz11 M-43s.

Both arrived this week. I was luckily able to pile on extra punchers in 10.5 on top of the 11s to try both and return one. S&S / Mari was confident I’d love the 11s and she was right. She also strongly recommended I go for the chukkas in 11.5. I was skeptical but damn if she didn’t nail it. They’re perfect.

2 for 2

I found the size reputations to be correct. The punchers are wide and long. The 10.5s were great in width but just a hair short for me. The 11s work well in thick socks and gave me big toe room.

The chukkas are noticeably narrow. The 11.5s were immediately snug / comfy before lacing and there’s really no extra room.

These boots are beautiful.

View attachment 1404430 View attachment 1404431
Those boots are nice but the pants are the star of the show.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Lofgren desert boots? Thinking about trying a pair, maybe the green suede, up for preorder over at Standard and Strange. Just looking for some first hand experience with them...

Desert Boots

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Lofgren desert boots? Thinking about trying a pair, maybe the green suede, up for preorder over at Standard and Strange. Just looking for some first hand experience with them...

Desert Boots
I pre-ordered the olive a few days ago. They look excellent.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Markfisher702 Are you a brannock 12? I've debated of trying the Donkey Punchers a full size down or half size, but was never quite sure. The DP is still one of my favorite LTT patterns over any of the PNW makers by far. Those naturals are going to look amazing!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads