• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

skyfall

Reaction score
** looks like a good option. Anyone have any idea on how to size either sandal model?

EDIT

Looks like they only ship within Japan.

Size : 7(25-25.5cm),8(26-26.5cm),81/2(26.5-27cm),9(27-27.5cm),10(28-28.5cm)

Email TETSUNOSUKE SHIMOMURA san at let it be clothing if you want to be sure

Most retailers would ship overseas but EMS to the states has been suspended. Place your order through zen market

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/mavazi/c/0000003123/

https://letitbeclothing.shop-pro.jp/?mode=srh&keyword=Horseman+joe

Not sure about now but Let it be used to charge the 10% japanese consuption tax on overseas orders also

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this review on the JL horsebutt. While I don't agree with the fanboydom it is still a review. I know mine are a different leather but it still give me something to look forward to.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hope Lofgren will try and source that leather again for another run, or maybe even go back to doing some in badalassi again like he did ages ago. Still want a pair of these down the road at some point, but probably will get Role Clubs first.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
My M-43 roughouts on wear #3. The beginning of a long road to looking like the ones above. Denim is Oni 20oz secret denim.
94C2D7B3-DABD-47B8-92D6-F5752E0B70A0.jpeg

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Good thread. Thanks for posting. I have almost new Lofgren olive and timber combats in 10.5. Love them to death but they're a hair too small. KIlls me but I will be posting for sale later this week. I have 11s on the way. Huge fan here. You're going to feel it when you start kicking those olives around. The best !!
Black combats getting broken in with Shockoe Kojimas. My timbers are a few wears behind the black. Olives over the pond from ELMC. Here soon to complete the combat trifecta.
5CAE1C79-4AAC-4DA8-BC58-B0581CD96232.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My M-43 roughouts on wear #3. The beginning of a long road to looking like the ones above. Denim is Oni 20oz secret denim. View attachment 1398382

Very cool. I have been wearing mine to hike in the wood, go to the park, shopping, and every day activities. I think I have about 15-20 mines on them so far. Still breaking in but starting to get some patina (mainly from denim color transfer). Once I'm happy with that, I'll move on to the Olive. I also have two pairs of White's boots incoming so I have my work set out for me.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Very cool. I have been wearing mine to hike in the wood, go to the park, shopping, and every day activities. I think I have about 15-20 mines on them so far. Still breaking in but starting to get some patina (mainly from denim color transfer). Once I'm happy with that, I'll move on to the Olive. I also have two pairs of White's boots incoming so I have my work set out for me.
Excellent. My biggest break in challenge ahead is Wesco x Standard&Strange Axe Breakers custom fit coming in August.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Excellent. My biggest break in challenge ahead is Wesco x Standard&Strange Axe Breakers custom fit coming in August.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black combats getting broken in with Shockoe Kojimas. My timbers are a few wears behind the black. Olives over the pond from ELMC. Here soon to complete the combat trifecta. View attachment 1398419
I'm not usually a black boot guy, probably from my time in the military, but these look amazing.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
I have very dialed-in sizing to Lofgren 11 from Brannock 12B for my combats and M-43 but no experience with engineers.
Here’s a stunning pair of Lofgrens I just unboxed. The photos and hype don’t do justice to these boots. Whoa. Denim is Oni 16oz Aizumi.

M-43 Anniversary Horsehide. Thanks to Jamie at EastWest Apparel in the UK.

2A0137C9-D848-439D-B329-925415D24007.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a stunning pair of Lofgrens I just unboxed. The photos and hype don’t do justice to these boots. Whoa. Denim is Oni 16oz Aizumi.

M-43 Anniversary Horsehide. Thanks to Jamie at EastWest Apparel in the UK.

View attachment 1399090

Very nice find! I wanted a pair of those.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Very nice find! I wanted a pair of those.
Couple of rogue 11s still in play here:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads