• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japan proxy

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's the forum-approved provider these days?

I've used Sharp Service in the past but haven't heard back from them on my most recent enquiry and have also read some reviews of recent ****** service.

Should note that it's not for an auction but for a simple store purchase.

Cheers.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any opinions on the best choice out of sutocorp, fromjapan or sharp service please?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone used zenmarket.jp?

Their search box is linked to Yahoo Japan, Rakuten and Amazon among others. Looks like an easy interface -- you just paste the link with the item you want into a notes box.

As usual the questions are shipping and customs -- if you bundle shipping then you risk high customs fees...or if you don' then the shipping costs as much as the item...

Anyway...anyone given it a try?

1989thenumber

Reaction score

Who's the forum-approved provider these days?

I've used Sharp Service in the past but haven't heard back from them on my most recent enquiry and have also read some reviews of recent ****** service.

Should note that it's not for an auction but for a simple store purchase.

Cheers.

I use personalshopperj.com. Fast and reliable.

Zhong5

Reaction score
zenmarket has the coolest support. Try asking them a question.
I ordered G-shock before from them. Shipping you can check on their web-site.
For G-shock it was ¥1,240.

Mesta

Reaction score
Would there by any interests in a fashion only proxy service? I might go to japan for a while and that could be a cool side project for me :)
Would also be a blog about subcultures in tokyo, with portraits and articles and ****.

Mesta

Reaction score
I'd stay there 6 months to 2 years. (all depends on $$, but my visas would be good for two years max).

Agreed, but consumer-wise, the experience in terms of shopping fashion is kinda lacking.

My thing would have been to mix a bit of editorial content about japan fashion (doing portraits of the different subcultures there) and a proxy service only for japanese fashion.

No problem, any comments are appreciated ;)

whyzed

Reaction score
I'm in Japan right now and happy to proxy for people.

I live in Tokyo and this would be a side project. I speak fluent Japanese, so I can buy stuff that might require a bit of navigating/back and forth with stores.

I can also go to stores if the stuff you want can't be bought online. I'm a single person, not one of the larger proxy services but you can expect more tailored service from me (I can take pics and send them to you and repackage stuff as you want it).

Let me know if you're interested.

Exalt

Reaction score
Just used whyzed for a proxy from Japan for an expensive item - excellent experience with complete transparency. Would definitely recommend whyzed and will use the service in the future.

olvier

Reaction score
FromJapan is good and easy to use but pretty expensive and they will not undervalue your items. Shipping is also pretty expensive, 3000-4000 yen for a shirt or jumper depending on the weight (I am in New Zealand). The global Rakuten website is pretty good if you don't want to use a proxy, but in my experience they assess the shipping costs once you place your order and charge your credit card without confirming. Sutocorp looks pretty good but haven't used it yet. Sharp is long dead.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FromJapan is good and easy to use but pretty expensive and they will not undervalue your items.

Not true. You can adjust the value that appears on the customs declaration.

I've been using FJ but may give zenmarket a go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads