• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Janzten

BostonRussell

Reaction score
Are these guys the forum favorite for MTM shirts online? Even using the search function everyone mentions it as common knowledge. I've seen some praise and some equally virulent criticism I'm wondering what to expect. Is their focus more towards modern cuts? Is the quality good? I'm not too worried about wait times.

jc138

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BostonRussell
Are these guys the forum favorite for MTM shirts online? Even using the search function everyone mentions it as common knowledge. I've seen some praise and some equally virulent criticism I'm wondering what to expect. Is their focus more towards modern cuts? Is the quality good? I'm not too worried about wait times.
I'd describe them as a Styleforum institution. They sew a good shirt. Their fabrics are less consistent. Their service sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. Some people think that the new super-cotton (or whatever they are called) solves the fabric issue. Some think that their new office has led to better service.

I've tried them and mytailor. For me, they both have their uses.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The biggest gripe I would have with Jantzen is the inconsistency with their delivery. But that's mainly because I'm an instant gratification kind of guy and waiting sucks.

The fit of their shirts, for me at least, is pretty spot on and the recent order I made had really nice material. At $50 bucks a pop (with the thick MoP buttons), it really can't be beat. I definitely plan on ordering from them in the future.

flipster

Reaction score
For the price.. It's great.

BostonRussell

Reaction score
Is there anywhere that's a slight step up in price/quality? I'd have no problem paying closer to 70-80$ if the quality consistently reflected it. All I've seen is the echelon of "Jantzen, Mytailor etc." that seem price comparable but it mostly comes down to differing oppinions and conflicting annecdotes versus shirts that run hundreds of dollars.

AgentQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BostonRussell
Is there anywhere that's a slight step up in price/quality? I'd have no problem paying closer to 70-80$ if the quality consistently reflected it. All I've seen is the echelon of "Jantzen, Mytailor etc." that seem price comparable but it mostly comes down to differing oppinions and conflicting annecdotes versus shirts that run hundreds of dollars.

You could take a short trip down to NYC (assuming you are in Boston) and check out CEGO. That would be a bit above your $70-80 range, but probably worth it.

BostonRussell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AgentQ
You could take a short trip down to NYC (assuming you are in Boston) and check out CEGO. That would be a bit above your $70-80 range, but probably worth it.

Haha. I live in Orlando, shopping hell!

water

Reaction score
How are the new "super fine cotton" materials?

I have not ordered in a while but in the past I have found the quality of the cotton to be all over the place. Many of the shirts I ordered turned out to be stiff and uncomfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads