Janzten

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BostonRussell, Nov 12, 2008.

1. BostonRussell

BostonRussell Well-Known Member

Are these guys the forum favorite for MTM shirts online? Even using the search function everyone mentions it as common knowledge. I've seen some praise and some equally virulent criticism I'm wondering what to expect. Is their focus more towards modern cuts? Is the quality good? I'm not too worried about wait times.

2. jc138

jc138 Senior member

Are these guys the forum favorite for MTM shirts online? Even using the search function everyone mentions it as common knowledge. I've seen some praise and some equally virulent criticism I'm wondering what to expect. Is their focus more towards modern cuts? Is the quality good? I'm not too worried about wait times.
    I'd describe them as a Styleforum institution. They sew a good shirt. Their fabrics are less consistent. Their service sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. Some people think that the new super-cotton (or whatever they are called) solves the fabric issue. Some think that their new office has led to better service.

I've tried them and mytailor. For me, they both have their uses.

3. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

The biggest gripe I would have with Jantzen is the inconsistency with their delivery. But that's mainly because I'm an instant gratification kind of guy and waiting sucks.

The fit of their shirts, for me at least, is pretty spot on and the recent order I made had really nice material. At $50 bucks a pop (with the thick MoP buttons), it really can't be beat. I definitely plan on ordering from them in the future.

4. flipster

flipster Senior member

For the price.. It's great.

5. BostonRussell

Is there anywhere that's a slight step up in price/quality? I'd have no problem paying closer to 70-80$ if the quality consistently reflected it. All I've seen is the echelon of "Jantzen, Mytailor etc." that seem price comparable but it mostly comes down to differing oppinions and conflicting annecdotes versus shirts that run hundreds of dollars.

6. AgentQ

AgentQ Senior member

Is there anywhere that's a slight step up in price/quality? I'd have no problem paying closer to 70-80$ if the quality consistently reflected it. All I've seen is the echelon of "Jantzen, Mytailor etc." that seem price comparable but it mostly comes down to differing oppinions and conflicting annecdotes versus shirts that run hundreds of dollars.

You could take a short trip down to NYC (assuming you are in Boston) and check out CEGO. That would be a bit above your $70-80 range, but probably worth it.

7. BostonRussell

You could take a short trip down to NYC (assuming you are in Boston) and check out CEGO. That would be a bit above your $70-80 range, but probably worth it.

Haha. I live in Orlando, shopping hell!

8. water

water Senior member

How are the new "super fine cotton" materials?

I have not ordered in a while but in the past I have found the quality of the cotton to be all over the place. Many of the shirts I ordered turned out to be stiff and uncomfortable.