• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen's turnover lately

FCS

Reaction score
Two shirts, 9 weeks. I'm getting older fast at this rate. And no response from Ricky when I asked for update, although the shirts did come to my door.

So, how long does it take for you guys to receive your order lately?

NYCDan

Reaction score
I was thinking about making my first order. Are you having second thoughts? Is the quality not as good as it used to be?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm regretting telling you guys about Jantzen. I wonder how much business he gets from our forum.

I placed an order for a linen shirt back in May, and still haven't gotten it. It was supposed to arrive but they sent it to the wrong address, so it was sent back to Hong Kong. By the time I get it, the weather will be too cold to wear it. Now I know to order at least one season in advance at Jantzen.

FCS

Reaction score
I was thinking about making my first order. Are you having second thoughts? Is the quality not as good as it used to be?

Well, I had minor errors - some specs are not done properly - with my first and second orders (this is my second order, btw). And the email communication is not first rate, I must say.

JFK

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my first shirt (ordered about 6 weeks ago); I did get a couple of responses from Ricky, but so far, my card has not been charged for the shirt, and I haven't heard anything from Ricky in about 10 days...

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you all would stop bugging my man Ricky Ho for updates, maybe my shirts would be done faster.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hope Ricky gets some extra manpower or something to complete all these orders we're sending him
tounge.gif

color_reporter

Reaction score
Does he send a confirmation e-mail after an order has been placed? I've ordered mine about four weeks ago and am still waiting. And yeah he's very slow at charging. He must be really busy if he doesn't even have time to charge credit cards...

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In my experience you don't get a confirmation email, but the shirts always show up. And the card isn't charged until the shirt has been shipped.

Really though, even if it takes 8 wks instead of four, that is still fast for a custom item, and it has been estalished that there is no other value out there like a Jantzen shirt.

brescd01

Reaction score
I have not received my first shirts, but you can forget about email. If you want any meaningful communication with Ricky, you have to call.

water

Reaction score
The poor e-mail communication becomes especially annoying when you are tyring to fix a problem with an order.

My first orders were generally fine and received in about a month. However, worryingly, I have noticed that my latest orders have been filled with errors. Some of these have been severe enough to lead to my having to return the shirts for repair.

I think I would sacrifice speed for improved quality control and communication.

naturlaut

Reaction score
I have not received my first shirts, but you can forget about email. If you want any meaningful communication with Ricky, you have to call.
I totally agree with that.  If you'd only been to his shop, you will actually wonder how he could do all these with him and his assistance David all alone (in a barely 200 sq. ft. area).  The 'messenger' who brings the shirts (from Kowloon to the Central shop) comes in a few times a day to drop off shirts (and suits and pants) and there is not a moment when the shop is empty.  He appears to have new customers on a daily basis (meaning time-consuming measuring and getting-to-know-each-other formalities).  Local customers always get priority (my friend had received his shirt within 24 hours). On top of that, Ricky has heavy family responsibilities (kids whinning, wife bugging, the usual), so I'd say, pick up the phone or just be patient.

regularjoe

Reaction score
I think I would sacrifice speed for improved quality control and communication.
I think the low cost would have to sacrificed as well.

While it would be nice to get a decent custom shirt delivered in four weeks along with top notch customer service for $43 US/per, I'm not sure it' realistic.

The only closest competitor is mytailor.com and now WW Chan. You pay twice as much or more for a lesser range of fabrics and instant communication. Is that service worth it? That's for each of us would have to decide that.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as the artisan's saying goes: good, cheap, fast--pick two.

BGW

Reaction score
I really don't understand what the need to communicate with Ricky is. What exactly confused you to the point of needing to speak with him?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads