• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzens for short sleeve "dress" shirts

wbb2

Reaction score
I had some long sleeve dress shirts made at Jantzens and was happy with them. I know there’s a general consensus or dislike for short-sleeve dress shirts, but I’d like to get some short sleeve “ dress shirts” anyhow. ( yes yes, I know , like NASA engineer style )

I also like having a breast pocket for storing my cellphone or pen ( I know it’s not fashionable either, but it’s functional )

I work in a very hot environment and dress code is not that formal. A nice fitting short sleeve dress shirt I think looks fine.

However, I do not know that much about short-sleeve dress shirts so I don’t know what to ask Jantzen’s for.

Do they know how to make the shirt stylish? What do I need to be aware of?

I’m looking at making 4 short sleeve dress shirts.

wbb2

Reaction score
Also, william cheng or jantzens for shirts?

I've heard both are quite good. but maybe william cheng is the better bet ?

erpet

Reaction score

.....However, I do not know that much about short-sleeve dress shirts so I don’t know what to ask Jantzen’s for.....

I don't think there is such a thing as short-sleeve dress shirts. There are short-sleeve shirts that look good enough for work in hot climates, but take away "dress" from the equation and it wil be easier to find the style.

wbb2

Reaction score
exactly... take away dress from the name and call it what you will.

what's stylish and what do i need to tell him? anyone have any pictures of good looking short sleeve dress shirts?

i see a lot of black button holes with black buttons lately. also some patterns stiched onto the neck collar inside and underneath the front buttons.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wear short sleeve shirts, I'd simply roll up my long sleeve ones, but that's your choice.
Regarding the ss ones, there is no rocket science, just go for the same cut and style you go for in your long sleeve shirts and have the sleeves replaced by short ones.
Ask them to cut the sleeves close to your body so you don't get the triangular spread one often sees on t-shirts.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads